Bazley Decommits | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing I thought of is his grades. Something is telling me that was gonna be an issue. Just seems illogical otherwise.

Maybe we scoop up one or two players who didn't have us on their radar. We suddenly have room at the inn!

We go from a great story (Bayer) to this crap. Makes me want to root for team like Loyola. This crap stinks.

Just coming off probation, we aren’t going there.
Why can’t the agent pay him and he comes to Syracuse?
Like all these recruits.
The agent doesn’t pay for the schools
The agent pays so when the kid leaves he hires them.

The agent paying him to go to the G-League does nothing.
The school doesn’t have to pay if it’s an agent.

LOL what agency promised him a decent endorsement deal and cash advance?

At the end of the day, best of luck to him. Just sucks the first player to do this had to be a Cuse guy.

Wow. Just terrible news. All he had to do is get stronger here, play his game, and bolt after a year. Classes basically irrelevant for a year.

He’s going to become a basketball vagabond. He’s not good enough or most importantly strong enough for the G-League yet. There are ex-college stars and physical grown men there. Another Ndudi Ebi...sigh.

I just have to believe an agent is going to give him money up front on top of the 30K salary in the G-League. It's just a big risk but if it pays off then it all worked out for him.

Sucks he waited until now to do all this

It certainly doesn't help us that the perception is "JB is anti 1 and done and bad mouths his players when they leave early."

I have heard this going back to the Ennis decision...which is when it really rubbed some agents the wrong way.

They're trying to get the best deal for a kid and a HOF coach is telling people he's not ready.
Bottom line is JB is not adapting to the times. He doesn't get it. He doesn't think he has to play nice with anyone. Not with the media, not with the NCAA, and most importantly not with the agent culture. The Clint Eastwood shtick doesn't cut it anymore.

Agents are at the top of the food chain. Coaches are somewhere below them in the pecking order. JB hasn't realized or accepted this reality.

Going to be a long 4 years till Buddy graduates.

Coaches can bail on kids, kids can bail on coaches.

Only us folks look at this as anything other than what it is. College basketball is 1) bad basketball and 2) nothing but a stepping stone for the kids that have even a shot at the nba (and even pro ball around the world).

Major college basketball is nothing but a under the table minor league system. At least Bazely is going to a place where he can get paid in variety of ways and not have to pretend to give an eph about Geology 105 or playing zone.

This had to have been in the works for a while, but I have to imagine JB's comments to the media haven't helped at all.

Is what it is. We got Marek "Our Draymond" D, Oshae "Canadian Tobias Harris" Brissett, Carey, Frank and PC/Sidibe. Plus Elijah, who I believe has some sort of biblical importance.

Don't blame Baze one bit for this. His life, his choice.

Any chance this is fallout from Moyer?
None. Moyer was going to be the 9th-10th guy in the rotation. Bazley saw himself as a 1-and-done, top 10 NBA pick, best player on the team. What happens to bench players has no affect on Bazley's decision. Are you asking this just because they're both from Ohio? Moyer left Ohio 3 years ago, when Bazley was a freshman in HS. They didn't know each other then, and they've never been friends. They lived in different cities.

I know its not happening but having Battle shock everyone and come back would make up for this kick in the nuts

Based on the rest of the roster I’d rather have Baz than Battle. And that’s no knock on Battle. I’d love to see him change his mind and come back.

Wonder if SU could sue him for breach of contract? (LOI)

Or maybe for damages (committing to play here & then reneging after most other prospects were committed elsewhere)?

There has to be something they could do. I'm so upset at some 18 year old I have never met lol. Maybe I need to re-evaluate my life haha

It's selfish to insist kids play for free for a year while coaches make $3m+ a year, the "not for profit" NCAA makes $1b+ a year and when the NCAA president flies in a private jet. The kids also have their character trampled because they want to make money.

I'd retweet this

Honest question here. Can’t nba teams call up and sign G league players? Would he not been eligible to do that then?
After they see him succeed and stay healthy, sure.

Doesn’t college seem like the safer way to gamble that though?

Or maybe for damages (committing to play here & then reneging after most other prospects were committed elsewhere)?

There has to be something they could do. I'm so upset at some 18 year old I have never met lol. Maybe I need to re-evaluate my life haha
No.

Hell no.

We just wish him well and move on.

I just have to believe an agent is going to give him money up front on top of the 30K salary in the G-League. It's just a big risk but if it pays off then it all worked out for him.

Sucks he waited until now to do all this

There's no need to just "believe." This is exactly how the agent game works. The FBI investigation brought it out into the open for us all to see.

Bottom line is JB is not adapting to the times. He doesn't get it. He doesn't think he has to play nice with anyone. Not with the media, not with the NCAA, and most importantly not with the agent culture. The Clint Eastwood shtick doesn't cut it anymore.

Agents are at the top of the food chain. Coaches are somewhere below them in the pecking order. JB hasn't realized or accepted this reality.

Yea, jb needs to start letting money flow to the players from agents and sneaker companies so they aren’t tempted to get it in another way.

Brilliant.

Whatever. These guys are shiny things. Give me the four year guys who improve each year. I have no attachment to the donte green types.

I hope hes 1 of many. Good luck to him. Bad timing for sure but I wouldn’t rule us out next year when we found out this guy was out for himself at the end and that’s fine.

It's not a contract like that. The LOI prevents a kid from talking to/signing with another college. Also... you're going to sue a 17 year old kid? Haha

the agent culture has been around a long time, though. this isnt anything new. maybe he's just running his mouth off more or just frustrated with some surprise early departures. The difference with a guy like Ennis was that while he was right, he was never going to improve his draft stock by coming back. That's what's changed as others have said.

sns-viral-below-the-belt-pictures

He sure looked great in last night's game- and now he's not our guy any more! :confused::(

Problem when we got the 'Nova type player recruit they transfer out because they dont play like Moyer. When we go the Duke and UK way they go to the G-League. Not sure what the answers are on the recruiting front.

There's no need to just "believe." This is exactly how the agent game works. The FBI investigation brought it out into the open for us all to see.

But this way ... it's legal. Maybe this is Plan B for kids now who want some $$$

Yea, jb needs to start letting money flow to the players from agents and sneaker companies so they aren’t tempted to get it in another way.

Brilliant.

Jake is saying his unfiltered attitude about 1-and-done has turned off some agents. If the agents are going to do their thing, why become known as the school that makes their life more difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom