Bazley Decommits | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Boeheim had any advance wind of this or was he blindsided by announcement?

Meanwhile...Moyer may be on to something.
The only things college ball gets a potential one and done are greater national attention and the fun of college.
The G-League lets him develop skills against teams of "almost" NBA-caliber players every night.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more players do this...and ultimately the NBA take kids right out of high school again.

I think we'll bounce back. But it's a major recruiting loss. Once again, we're left in the lurch by a pretty selfishly-timed decision. Even 6-8 months ago, I wouldn't have understood the reasoning at all ... unless he was paid by an agent. $26k for the G-L bus tour versus the Dome and a private University. Ok then. But you should have been "praying on this" long ago when SU was filling out its roster. If that's really what you want, fine. But why stick it to a program that counted on you by bailing at the last minute?

Embarrassingly wrong. Really throwing the dice and risking the ability to have a free education. I pray he doesnt live to regret that and have other players careers weighing on his conscious
F him. Hope he does regret it. There's a right way to do this and a wrong way, and he not only hurt the school, but a lot of his future teammates down too.

"Getting paid"??? They only make like $26,000 a year ??? What !!

This breaks my freaking heart, I have to be honest. I have suffered through some terrible SU basketball. This is like ripping your heart from your chest.
$26K is just thw salary...add in any endorsements, bag money and whatever else and I'm sure it will be way more than that.

"Getting paid"??? They only make like $26,000 a year ??? What !!

This breaks my freaking heart, I have to be honest. I have suffered through some terrible SU basketball. This is like ripping your heart from your chest.

An agent/shoe company will hook these guys up pretty quick. Pretty simple stuff.

Love the guys pinning their ACC hopes on a single freshmen. Were always perenial top 3 in BE, now have very little shot at perenial top 5 in ACC. When will school wake up and realize- football independent and bball back to BE!? SU headed toward irrelevant??

The more I think about it, the more this looks to portray Boeheim in a bad light (though I happen to believe it's not his fault).

But what this kid is saying is essentially that his career will be better advanced by being taught by some anonymous D League coach for a year than it would be by learning under Boeheim.

To me, that's asinine. But kids do dumb things sometimes.

A friend of mine actually believes g-league coaching is better for nba purposes than a year at Syracuse. I'm not a "JB can do no wrong guy," but that statement seems ludicrous to me. Coaches in the G-league are coaches in the G-league for a reason. Am I way off-base or has my friend lost it?

A friend of mine actually believes g-league coaching is better for nba purposes than a year at Syracuse. I'm not a "JB can do no wrong guy," but that statement seems ludicrous to me. Coaches in the G-league are coaches in the G-league for a reason. Am I way off-base or has my friend lost it?

There's a knock on JB that 'Cuse guys don't know NBA defense because of the zone. Of course we have what, 7 straight years with a 1st rounder so...

He will certainly be playing better competition and be able to get better at his craft in the Gleague over NCAA

What... Vandy has 1 burger boy committed and may land another in this class. Duke has the top 3 kids all $igned, $ealed and delivered. And our beloved school loses its best recruit in a decade to the Gatorade League...the frickin Gatorade League. I am never drinking Gatorade again.

We will have a good team next year. Virginia has done okay without top 50 guys.

No, we won't.

We might have a "good" team along the lines we have the past several years - 20-24 wins, middle of the pack ACC, tournament bubble, maybe make the second weekend.

But we are nowhere near being a Final Four or ACC contender now. We're screwed. Another year of crap ball. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom