Bazley Decommits | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be the theory.

JB was going on about the G League in one of those pressers, how ridiculous it would be for 18 year old kids riding the busses with 23 year olds, etc.

Oh well...

The more I think about it, the more this looks to portray Boeheim in a bad light (though I happen to believe it's not his fault).

But what this kid is saying is essentially that his career will be better advanced by being taught by some anonymous D League coach for a year than it would be by learning under Boeheim.

To me, that's asinine. But kids do dumb things sometimes.

The more I think about it, the more this looks to portray Boeheim in a bad light (though I happen to believe it's not his fault).

But what this kid is saying is essentially that his career will be better advanced by being taught by some anonymous D League coach for a year than it would be by learning under Boeheim.

To me, that's asinine. But kids do dumb things sometimes.
I think someone else nailed it. $$$$ from a agent.

OMG, tough news for SU. I thought this kid understood what commitment meant. To wait THIS long and announce after the recruiting season is basically over, I never expected it. Wow.

We weren't a Top 5 team even if he comes here. We would have been better and still will be. Also he won't only be getting his salary from the G-Leauge I'm sure there are other funding sources coming his way. Kid does not seem dumb. Think he overstates his talent a bit but not dumb. Also I can't get on the selfish bandwagon. Kid owes nothing to us. It stinks but its the way it is.

I'm also not so sure more kids won't do this. It is going to be fascinating to see if it sticks.

It sucks for us and the timing is awful but this is how it should be (and should always have been). They should have a viable minor league pro basketball system. Not everyone was meant to go to college.

I think this will work out great for him.

If he fails in the G League he will not go lottery. These are grown men he's playing against who are hungrier for a roster spot than he is. He'll need all the luck he can get. I'm through.

From the perspective of a Syracuse basketball fan, this is extremely disappointing news.

But if I was a completely neutral observer and taking his commitment to Syracuse completely out of the equation, I would have advised him to go to the G-League instead of playing college basketball.

I'm not sure that as a program, we can bounce back from this setback.

Honestly -- this kid is a major talent. We obviously can't replace that now, and it tanks next season.
I don't think it tanks next year at all. We won't be a top 10 power. But we will be good. And we have been through a lot worse than this kid de committing. A lot worse. And recently. We survived the Fine mess. The melo sanctions. And we are still here.

well there is a spot open and 4-5 pretty talented kids who played last night still looking around. can always hope

I think someone else nailed it. $$$$ from a agent.
It can’t be that much money from an agent or else they would throw at the top 3 kids from Duke and get them to skip as well.

Moyer or something had to tick this kid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom