Bazley Decommits | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed but this kind of stuff just sucks all the fun out of college sports. I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and become a pro fan. That game is also all about the money but at least it's honest about it.

No I agree. I hate college basketball and I hate Syracuse basketball in particular for making me care about this sht.

I'll debunk this one...we constantly have kids go in the first round and if you're good the light is emerald Irish green.

I'm not saying the agents are right, but there's no doubt that they are making this pitch. But the agents may be right. The last several SU first rounders have been disappointments. Playing defense in the NBA is hard, and takes a lot of training and study. I think a player will be far more ready for NBA play after a year in the D league rather than spending a year playing in Boeheim's zone.

How are we writing off next season already. Let’s wait until Oshae makes a decision before we freak out. I think we will be pretty good next season. I expect a top 25 season. Frank and Brissett are very capable of all ACC type seasons. Hughes and Carey’s versatility will help solve depth issues.
PG Frank Carey Washington
2G Hughes Carey Buddy
3 Brissett Hughes
4 Marek Brissett
5 PC Sidibe

Wouldn’t mind adding a grad transfer big man from a smaller school who would be happy with 7 to 8 minutes a game.

No one is "writing it off". But Benedict has definitely damped expectations

Again the agent pay off is such a short sighted excuse.

The agent could pay him like all these players have been getting while in college. He doesn’t need to go to the G-League to take cash from an agent.

There is a story out there.

You tell me what it is. If there was a story, he wouldn't be pro SU. He said that the only con SU had was that it is cold.

Taking advantage of the opportunity that the NBA offers.
I think he saw just how ahead of other MickeyD'ers he was yesterday. I think he saw how equally as good as Bagely he was, but also how disappointed Bagley was without gaining an NCAA BB championship. I think he thought, "I'm 17, the League has this G thing. Why waste a year playing CBB?"
No question he's pioneering a new path for prospective one-and-done'ers to take. Too bad it's at SU's expense.
Worse news could be on the way, if/when Battle and Brissett also leave and if/when SU finds the cupboard too barren of decent transfers or uncommitted players to fill the void.

The only thing that will make this worse is our former rival winning their 2nd title in 3 years this weekend playing nothing but 4 year players.

I'm not saying the agents are right, but there's no doubt that they are making this pitch. But the agents may be right. The last several SU first rounders have been disappointments. Playing defense in the NBA is hard, and takes a lot of training and study. I think a player will be far more ready for NBA play after a year in the D league rather than spending a year playing in Boeheim's zone.

They were disappointments because they were unfinished products competing against grown men. We're lucky we had two guys going to a team attempting to be historically bad.

And the NBA is such an offensive league anyway.

Again the agent pay off is such a short sighted excuse.

The agent could pay him like all these players have been getting while in college. He doesn’t need to go to the G-League to take cash from an agent.

There is a story out there.

Just coming off probation, we aren’t going there.

He is 6’6 215 and he would only need to play a few minutes a game there. Josh Pace did fine along the base line, they are the same size.
Yah, no. Not going backwards, after we FINALLY stopped getting masacred on the glass this past year (a decent size front line is one of the big reasons we were able to stretch the season). Putting a SG at forward is desperate ... and we may be there at this point with 2 forwards now. Hopefully, the staff can rally and hit the Euro/G-T/JUCO route. This is the second year in a row we've gotten screwed by a selfish kid and his "mom" that took us down a long path and then bailed at the last minute. The time to pick G-L was 8 months ago when we were making decisions and COUNTING on kids who said they were "committed".

Last edited:
Honest question here. Can’t nba teams call up and sign G league players? Would he not been eligible to do that then?

It certainly doesn't help us that the perception is "JB is anti 1 and done and bad mouths his players when they leave early."

I have heard this going back to the Ennis decision...which is when it really rubbed some agents the wrong way.

They're trying to get the best deal for a kid and a HOF coach is telling people he's not ready.
Which is why he needs to say nothing about Bazley except wish him well in the pro game.

JB’s mouth doesn’t help. How he doesn’t get that it the NBA draft isn’t about who is ready now it’s about potential.

After your freshman year 90% of prospects stay the same in the draft. Coming back doesn’t bring many players stock up.

It certainly doesn't help us that the perception is "JB is anti 1 and done and bad mouths his players when they leave early."

I have heard this going back to the Ennis decision...which is when it really rubbed some agents the wrong way.

They're trying to get the best deal for a kid and a HOF coach is telling people he's not ready.

They're also trying to get the best deal for themselves. JB is honest to a fault -- but let's not pretend the agents are angels here...

Something along those lines is very likely true. But my question is - why did nobody else bite?

probably because they are already in the money and it's lucrative enough for them to play the 6 months in college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom