Bazley should run the Point next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley should run the Point next year

You don’t have to be a guard to be the point.
He can be a point forward.
The point just facilitates other players by putting them in position to score.
Scottie Pippen wasn’t a guard but he was a point forward.
Lamar Odom was a point forward who handled the ball in the halfcourt.
Ben Simmons now is a point forward.
As is LeBron James.

Just because Bazley won’t be a 1 doesn’t mean he can’t be the top assist man or facilitator next year. Which I am sure JB wouldn’t laugh at.

Don’t bother. Those are great examples. Pippen, Odom, etc.

You don’t have to be a guard to be the point.
He can be a point forward.
The point just facilitates other players by putting them in position to score.
Scottie Pippen wasn’t a guard but he was a point forward.
Lamar Odom was a point forward who handled the ball in the halfcourt.
Ben Simmons now is a point forward.
As is LeBron James.

Just because Bazley won’t be a 1 doesn’t mean he can’t be the top assist man or facilitator next year. Which I am sure JB wouldn’t laugh at.

Read the title of the thread.

They all know the plays. Bazely is more than capable I bet and has the skillset to play a little PG if needed to. I don’t know why I bother. JB and Frank are so revered and untouchable in your eyes.
Frank is a pass first guard.
I mean he loses credibility with that.
Frank is a combo guard who has done an excellent job this year but he doesn’t take of the ball well enough to be a pass first PG.

Frank has been great this year though.

Don’t bother. Those are great examples. Pippen, Odom, etc.

Like I said to Alsacs, read the title of the thread.

Frank is a pass first guard.
I mean he loses credibility with that.
Frank is a combo guard who has done an excellent job this year but he doesn’t take of the ball well enough to be a pass first PG.

Frank has been great this year though.

LOL.

Btw, Frank is averaging 2 turnovers per game the last 12-13 games. Players do improve.

Should run the point.
Doesn’t say he should be the PG.

The OP says guard. He can be a point forward easily. Have the ball a lot in his hand.

Well, I would think STEVE means more playmaking and spot duty not like, ‘oh the gig is yours and you’re bringing it up the floor every possession, Darius.’ He does seem like he has the ability and talent level to do that on occasion. The more the merrier, obviously.

LOL.

Btw, Frank is averaging 2 turnovers per game the last 12-13 games. Players do improve.
Frank is not a natural PG.
Just like Michael Gbinije wasn’t.
We have played them there because of roster construction.

Go ahead and believe what you want.
If Quade Green came here Frank isn’t playing PG.

Should run the point.
Doesn’t say he should be the PG.

The OP says guard. He can be a point forward easily. Have the ball a lot in his hand.

So you didn’t read the original post.

They all know the plays. Bazely is more than capable I bet and has the skillset to play a little PG if needed to. I don’t know why I bother. JB and Frank are so revered and untouchable in your eyes.

What’s obvious is your blatant hate and agenda. The perfect game for you is an SU win where frank plays bad. Sad.

So you didn’t read the original post.
The title of the thread is Bazley should run the point.

The point again can be a forward or a guard. Bazley could be the Point forward like the players I have described. You put the ball in the hand of your best playmaker.

That could easily be Bazley.
He could run the offense in the halfcourt. He doesn’t have to bring the ball up.

The title of the thread is Bazley shouldn run the point.

The point again can be a forward or a guard. Bazley could be the Point forward like the players I have described. You put the ball in the hand of your best playmaker.

That could easily be Bazley.
He could run the offense in the halfcourt. He doesn’t have to bring the ball up.

Read the title and the post. Not a discussion on if baz can be a point forward type. It’d be great if we had 5 guys who could all handle and pass the ball.

That “if” is extremely big. The roster was set up with the idea Tyus won’t be here. Despite his draft projection, it would be jaw-dropping if he comes back.

Doesn't anyone want to play for a national championship anymore?

What is the question here? Bazley will not be the point guard next year. We have Howard and Carey for that. Bazley will have the ball in his hands in the half court a lot. He will also help bring the ball up against pressure. Much like other forwards that could handle have in our history. Bazley will play a bit at the 5 next year. If we don't bring in a 5th year guy from somewhere else, probably. Is he a fit for the 5? No. But on the rare occasions that he does play the 5, our offense will be very good. Our defense will suffer.

What’s obvious is your blatant hate and agenda. The perfect game for you is an SU win where frank plays bad. Sad.

Lol. Right. Sad, that you even decided to type that. Just because I’d prefer to have him off the ball and attacking/making plays from there? My Frank “blatant hate” overrides my fandom? Just stop.

He's absolutely a perfect mold of a point/forward. I've posted previously that I think he has exceptional handles for a guy his size. He will have the ball in his hands a ton. That said, the title of the thread made me laugh.

With respect, this is a nearly meaningless debate.

Baze will have the ball in his hands a lot, regardless of the label. He will play the 3/4 in the zone - it makes no difference. OB will be the other wing.

Baze is exceptionally good with the ball in his hands in the open court, and taking his man off the dribble. JB will put him in those positions, regardless of who is "playing" the point.

With respect, this is a nearly meaningless debate.

Baze will have the ball in his hands a lot, regardless of the label. He will play the 3/4 in the zone - it makes no difference. OB will be the other wing.

Baze is exceptionally good with the ball in his hands in the open court, and taking his man off the dribble. JB will put him in those positions, regardless of who is "playing" the point.

I think that’s all that we’re saying.

I hear you.

Does Baze have the skill set to play PG in the ACC? Maybe.

Will he "play" PG? Probably not.

Does it matter? Nope, not at all. What matters is where he is when he has the ball in his hands. And that will be independent of what position he is listed at.

And it’s not what the original post said and what was responded to. So what you’re saying is meaningless to the OP and the reluctant replies.

And it’s not what the original post said and what was responded to. So what you’re saying is meaningless to the OP and the reluctant replies.

Take it up with him then.

Like I said to Alsacs, read the title of the thread.

I'll play the arbitrator.

Decision: I'm rendering the decision that since the "title" of the thread does not mention the word guard at all, I rule in favor of Alsacs and Sobe. The word "point" could refer to a point guard or a point forward, and since the 'title' wasn't specific to one in particular, therefore somewhat ambiguous and subject to interpretation, this is the most reasonable and fair conclusion based upon the "title" itself. ;):)

Last edited:
I'll play the arbitrator.

Decision: I'm rendering the decision that since the "title" of the thread does not mention the word guard at all, I rule in favor of Alsacs and Sobe. The word "point" could refer to a point guard or a point forward, and since the 'title' wasn't specific to one in particular, therefore somewhat ambiguous and subject to interpretation, this is the most reasonable and fair conclusion based upon the "title" itself. ;):)

You need to read the post too to know what the title meant.

Chukwu should play the point. He cannot catch the ball, so he should do the passing.

In all seriousness, Pascal has played very well lately, so I don't mean to bash the man.