BC Fans' thoughts on the game: | Syracusefan.com

BC Fans' thoughts on the game:

HtownOrange

Living Legend
It's game week and both sides should be trash talking mixed with some good assessment so I checked out their board, EagleOutsider.com • View topic - Cuse Week this is what I saw:

The Dazzler is 1-2 against Syracuse, last losing in 2015 to a fired coach.
----

Syracuse presents perhaps the most daunting roadblock standing between the Dazzler and the vaunted double ohfer.

Me? I have a lot of faith in Sarge. I not only think he'll lose, but lose big.
----

Call your bookies before this line gets normalized. Cuse wins outright... in a big way.

The Defensive scheme we run has trouble with no-huddle teams. Chiefly, because it is difficult to call stunts and blitzes when you are not given time to huddle up. Instead, you have situations where we play basic D. If we can't get pressure with our front 4, it is akin to us being in our soft 3rd-and-long coverage. VT and Clemson feasted on it. Cuse will do so as well.
----
Can't believe I'm ambivalent/have reservations about seeing BC win and getting the ohfer off our back. For those here, I don't need to spell out what's behind the ambiguity. Nonetheless, I can't help wanting a win, whatever the palpable downside.
----

BC should win. Syracuse is terrible on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and we are only terrible on one side of the ball. As long as BC's defense shows up, and we avoid like 5 TO's, we win this game.

But agree with others that certainty on Daz's firing is paramount.
----

This drives me insane. I don't think it's stubbornness, I think it's idiocy. The sad thing is, if by "keep the ball away from Syracuse" he meant we are going to try surprise onside kicks or fake punts or go for more 4th downs, he would actually on his way to a potentially promising strategy - we accept that our defense is bad and our offense is bad, and are therefore willing take higher risks to minimize the number of Syracuse possessions. But no, when Daz says "keep the ball away from Syracuse" he just means maximize the amount of clock that runs between punts. Because the offense is primarily an extension of the defense, and only secondarily a vehicle to score points
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

----

From today's globe and the Bettor's Edge.

One spread on this weekend’s board is so baffling that it deserves a mention, even though it has nothing to do with the NFL.

Boston College is favored at home over Syracuse by 5. BC hasn’t won an Atlantic Coast Conference game in 23 months and has been outscored this season, 122-24, in league play. Syracuse is coming off a nice win against the same Virginia Tech team that destroyed BC in September, 49-0. So what gives?

I cannot give you an explanation. I keep reminding myself that a spread isn’t a prediction, it’s a tool to create action. Still, every time I’ve mentioned the BC line to someone, they stare back at me with a delirious expression, shaking their head.

I’ll be at the game, so I’ll be tempted, but I also don’t want to spend my Sunday chasing a bad BC decision from Saturday.
----

You're going to see the end of the Steve Addazio era tomorrow, it is going to be epic.
----

I am thankful that Syracuse is no longer in this boat. When we win tomorrow, we may accomplish two meaningful tasks - Get another W and help a conference mate out of a jam. Not that I feel obligated to perform the latter; rather, I pity them, after all, BC is not Rutgers.

"They are not good on either side of the ball"
They must not have seen our offense

I remember being told by one poster on here that he was an absolute gem hire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom