BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley

It's not anywhere near Colorado either.
I know, but your comment was that he spent his entire career in the NE and won’t be able to recruit elsewhere

I know, but your comment was that he spent his entire career in the NE and won’t be able to recruit elsewhere

My comment was that he had gotten a job far away from where he had spent his entire career. Is that incorrect?

In fact, for the purposes of completeness, here is the quote that you misinterpreted:

"Hello-o-o-o, Babers was a hot coaching commodity who was moving up and had his choice of HC offers. Addazio latched onto a dead-end job far away from where he spent his entire career. Seems like the last stop on his way to retirement."

IMO, no one pulls off a bolo tie.
Bolo......

giphy.gif

Alsacs Has your buddy given you any more insights into this search? Have their Plans A, B, and C fallen through? If they had a plan to make a move two and a half weeks ago, it's shocking to me they have nothing in place 5 days before signing day.

My comment was that he had gotten a job far away from where he had spent his entire career. Is that incorrect?

In fact, for the purposes of completeness, here is the quote that you misinterpreted:

"Hello-o-o-o, Babers was a hot coaching commodity who was moving up and had his choice of HC offers. Addazio latched onto a dead-end job far away from where he spent his entire career. Seems like the last stop on his way to retirement."
OK. Sorry for the misinterpretation. The dialogue had been that he is a Northeast guy and that was going to cause him problems recruiting the SW (or wherever one considers Fort Collins, CO to be). Your statement was lumped into that dialogue, but you are correct that Ft. Collins, CO is still far away from Gainesville, FL. To truely complete the completness, I did a look in myself. The distance in question is a bit further than Syracuse to Gainesville (about 600 miles, so still a home game for SU) which was my only point. This is not the first time he's moved his coaching career over 1,100 miles.

Alsacs Has your buddy given you any more insights into this search? Have their Plans A, B, and C fallen through? If they had a plan to make a move two and a half weeks ago, it's shocking to me they have nothing in place 5 days before signing day.
He told me from the start it was Hafley. I believe its Hafley. If not him I will ask him.

He told me before the Pitt game they were going for Hafley.

On track? They are way beyond on track. There was always an urgency to fill open HC positions ASAP, so you don’t lose your best candidates to other schools looking for coaches. But with the early signing period, there is even more urgency to make a quick hire.

Some of BC’s best assistants are getting hired by other coaches. Their recruiting class must be on pins and needles, wondering if they want to play for the new coach, what schemes he will use, whether they will fit in, etc.

I wonder who the sitting coach is that they interviewed that if hired, would make everyone take notice. Since the article says FBS, I assume it means it is not a coach of a P5 school. Maybe Lance Leipold? I can’t think of any G5 school remotely close to BC that has a more notable HC.

Who else could it be? Sounds to me like Jeff is the guy and this is just posturing to try and get his salary demands reduced. If they end up with Washington, the BC Superfan is going to be very upset.

On track? They are way beyond on track. There was always an urgency to fill open HC positions ASAP, so you don’t lose your best candidates to other schools looking for coaches. But with the early signing period, there is even more urgency to make a quick hire.

Some of BC’s best assistants are getting hired by other coaches. Their recruiting class must be on pins and needles, wondering if they want to play for the new coach, what schemes he will use, whether they will fit in, etc.

I wonder who the sitting coach is that they interviewed that if hired, would make everyone take notice. Since the article says FBS, I assume it means it is not a coach of a P5 school. Maybe Lance Leipold? I can’t think of any G5 school remotely close to BC that has a more notable HC.

Who else could it be? Sounds to me like Jeff is the guy and this is just posturing to try and get his salary demands reduced. If they end up with Washington, the BC Superfan is going to be very upset.

Not sure if BC has that " superfan ". I like our rivalry with BC but it's a sleepy fanbase that struggles to fill that small stadium. They have a rich tradition and the dazzler pumped a bunch if studs, dudes into the league.

If Addazio can win at CSU, win the conference, he would be a candidate for a major P5 job. Probably in the B1G, such as MSU or even Michigan.

Very true and he will do better than most think out there.

Not sure if the job is dead end. It's a beautiful place that will draw well if he wins and at this point in his career, it's another contract towards a beautiful and comfy retirement. Its hard to move your family for these gigs but can't imagine Colorado was a tough sell for the wife and he has a shot to do well out there. Whether he uses this as a spring board is tough to say. He is in control, in a win/win. He has had a nice career and if he is feeling it could jump to an attractive B10 gig .

I'm glad the "Dazzler" landed on his feet so quickly. BC fans complained about his run-oriented offense but he did a good job there so maybe they are delusional. I recall the 4* DT on FSU's 2013 team who went to the NFL saying that playing against BC's offensive line was "brutal" - he felt they were better than the OL at Auburn. (The main reason the first half of that NC game was so close was bc Auburn was reading our signals - a QB coach they had in 2013 had been with us in 2012 - it was that tall WR who caught the winning TD who said "Damien's calling the plays" - and then the towels went up and they couldn't tell what was coming. Fisher should have anticipated that - a lot of teams try to intercept calls including CU - Pitt huddles instead of sending signals in and that helped them in that upset.) I've heard Addazio called a "class act" by a poster on Tomahawk Nation, and on the lighter side of things, I recall that yearly picture of ACC coaches in August and thinking if a fight broke out, only Addazio and Babers would be left standing!