BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

BC fires Addazio / hires Jeff Hafley

click that tweet, there’s some interesting responses, very comparable to our “Ash as our potential head coach” thread. Their fans (at least the ones that tweet) are not happy
Wow. The fan base is not impressed

click that tweet, there’s some interesting responses, very comparable to our “Ash as our potential head coach” thread. Their fans (at least the ones that tweet) are not happy
Wow. The fan base is not impressed
Wow. I mean, WOW. As C Bomb says, Ash-like.

Is that how it works in the G5? Don't even attempt any due diligence with alumni and fans to see how a move like this will go over? Stunning.

AD: We can get a P5 coach for half of what he was making? DONE DEAL!
Assoc AD: Shouldn't we check out some alternatives, or at least float a trial balloon for reactions?
AD: Nah, They'll LOVE it.

Who on earth did their fans think they could get? I think they hit a home run in terms of their clout and history. They've been bad for 18 years.

It's the Mountain West - he's playing Boise, Air Force, Utah State, Wyoming, New Mexico and whatever crossover games. (Hawaii, SD State, Nevada, Fresno, UNLV, San Jose)

His tough power running style will give that conference fits.

Who on earth did their fans think they could get? I think they hit a home run in terms of their clout and history. They've been bad for 18 years.

It's the Mountain West - he's playing Boise, Air Force, Utah State, Wyoming, New Mexico and whatever crossover games. (Hawaii, SD State, Nevada, Fresno, UNLV, San Jose)

His tough power running style will give that conference fits.
Their fans wanted CSU alum Ohio State RB coach Tony Alford.

Addazio lands in my back yard. Coaching the CSU Rams. Kind of interesting.

Good luck Steve.

A very good coach who doesn’t deserve half the nonsense he gets on this board.

So agree. Not sure just what was the trigger with this board hating the dazzler. At the end of the day and us old souls look at all the 30 year olds as college and pro head coaches; we will appreciate the old souls like the Dazzler and plenty others that taught the game the right way and was a great leader of young college students.

So agree. Not sure just what was the trigger with this board hating the dazzler. At the end of the day and us old souls look at all the 30 year olds as college and pro head coaches; we will appreciate the old souls like the Dazzler and plenty others that taught the game the right way and was a great leader of young college students.

He’s no angel. And it’s not hatred; it’s more of a distaste for his philosophy.

I’m sure there are some who have a similar view of Dino.

He’s no angel. And it’s not hatred; it’s more of a distaste for his philosophy.

I’m sure there are some who have a similar view of Dino.

Good point and in terms of philosophy, I am sure there is a contingent on this board that lumps him in with Shafer as the board members of meathead fb. I get it, but think the dazzler did a nice job all his years. He got teams ready to play often against more athletic teams than his own and won some big games while producing plenty of NFL talent at the rb, oline, dline, and lb positions. And didn't he give the NFL Matt Ryan? Not sure but geeez, he produced draft picks all over the yard!

I don’t understand why they said “it’s a dude” in that tweet. What am I missing?

seems more like a new start for him. he will do very well there. sorry we did not get him back on our staff.

Back on our staff, what are you talking about? He was never at any point going to end up as a coach at any point for Babers. There’s nothing to be sorry about. Let’s be sorry about losing an actual coaching candidate if that happens.

I am way out of the loop, I’ve seen this before but didnt realize this was so well known. Also didn’t realize his own players called him the Dazzler (or Daz). That’s bizarre.

Do you think his coaches at BC will follow him to CSU? If not I wonder how that affects his ability to win quickly. We know he can recruit.

Last edited: