BC is bowling | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BC is bowling

Next year's schedule is the perfect template.
We should schedule 3 very winnable nonconference games each year and not 2 with 1 50/50 and 1 toughie.

Next year we have Central Michigan, Middle Tennessee State, TBA FCS, and @LSU.
We should go 3-1 in those games. Obviously the 4th game could be an easier team than LSU.

Scheduling big schools is a freeroll for us. No one expects us to win or even compete really but if we could shock the world just once...

It's one of those things that has been said over and over again, so people just go with it. It's similar to "it's hard to beat a team three times in one season" in college basketball.

Every season after we made a bowl since 2010 has been worse than the bowl season with the magical 15 practices.

I'd rather be in a bowl, obviously. Not sure it means much for next season though.

IMG_0069.JPG
So do you consider yourself a really a big time CUSE fan, if the opponent matters despite being an ACC team and all the yearly opponents already built in?
This is the clinic I worked at for several years. ( I'm now in Norwich NY, & do the same thing there). I'm known for decorating our office in SU colors every year for big games. I met my wife at an SU game and was married wearing SU gear. I did not go to SU or have any ties to SU, yet have had season tickets for SU basketball since Manley, and have had Syracuse football season tickets since 1996 and go to at least 3-4 away games between football & basketball every year. So yes, I'd say I'm a Syracuse fanatic.

The problem with the schedule is man doing it.

It's why we get LSU.

If we had any foresight, they could do what the Rev said.

I'm all for 2 home and homes with Rutgers.

Let Devito play at home and keep grabbing more...

Playing Jersey is smart, even if the venue and teams wasn't...

The problem with the schedule is man doing it.

It's why we get LSU.

If we had any foresight, they could do what the Rev said.

I'm all for 2 home and homes with Rutgers.

Let Devito play at home and keep grabbing more...

Playing Jersey is smart, even if the venue and teams wasn't...

I'd end the season with it. Make it our (watered down) version of the non conference rivalries that are played on this day.

I'd end the season with it. Make it our (watered down) version of the non conference rivalries that are played on this day.

I think it would be really fun if we played an annual game against them at Yankee Stadium to end the year.

I totally get the this. But then we all need to stop complaining about shitty seasons. The ACC gauntlet already makes us walk a tight rope...

It's not exactly a gauntlet - we play good teams, and we play crappy teams like Wake and State (who BC was able to beat but we weren't).

I think the scheduling complaints will die down once Dino gets better players and we're able to beat 75% of the schedule reliably and consistently.

It's not exactly a gauntlet - we play good teams, and we play crappy teams like Wake and State (who BC was able to beat but we weren't).

I think the scheduling complaints will die down once Dino gets better players and we're able to beat 75% of the schedule reliably and consistently.

Not sure I would call NC State crappy. They took Clemson and FSU to the wire and just beat North Carolina. Wake is clearly improved, but a game we would have won under better conditions.

We had our chances against Wake and NC State.

But college football is entertainment and that's depressing.

Winning is more entertaining and it builds towards a more exciting future.

I'd rather build to it than sacrifice future seasons.

Winning is more entertaining and it builds towards a more exciting future.

I'd rather build to it than sacrifice future seasons.

What type of sustained success would you have to see before you would feel comfortable scheduling one powerhouse non-conference game per year? Please be specific, I'm honestly curious.

What type of sustained success would you have to see before you would feel comfortable scheduling one powerhouse non-conference game per year? Please be specific, I'm honestly curious.

With the ACC schedule + the ND agreement? 6-8 wins a year with recruiting classes in the 30's.

6-8 wins a year

For how many years? We won 6-8 games and a bowl game in 2010, 2012 and 2013, but you said that isn't enough. Are we talking like a decade? Are elderly SU fans out of luck?

Still want to see proof that 15 extra practices does anything for a team's success next season

Its by far the most overrated aspect of a team making a bowl game. I never understood how 15 practices in December made one iota of difference 9+ months later with a quarter if the team gone to graduation

Its by far the most overrated aspect of a team making a bowl game. I never understood how 15 practices in December made one iota of difference 9+ months later with a quarter if the team gone to graduation
In general, you're probably right. When you're installing a totally new system, it probably means a lot. Especially for the 'skill' players.

I asked a former P player about bowl games and he loved it. He said the ones rested and the reps went to the 2s and 3s. They got perks and rest.

In general, you're probably right. When you're installing a totally new system, it probably means a lot. Especially for the 'skill' players.

They have been practicing the same system since early August, last spring really. If they dont have it down by now 2 additional weeks isnt going to do much. I guess for freshmen and guys redshirting it could be a little helpful but honestly overall i dont think it makes a dame bit of difference for the following year.

They have been practicing the same system since early August, last spring really. If they dont have it down by now 2 additional weeks isnt going to do much. I guess for freshmen and guys redshirting it could be a little helpful but honestly overall i dont think it makes a dame bit of difference for the following year.
We'll agree to disagree. There must be a reason that HCDB said it would take until games 4-6 in the second year for the offense to click. Anything that hurries that process along (more practices) works for me.

Barbers said himself they work with the 3s and 4s to get them up to speed and ready for next season. He said they hardly work with those kids at all during the season cause they're scout teamers.

Barbers said himself they work with the 3s and 4s to get them up to speed and ready for next season. He said they hardly work with those kids at all during the season cause they're scout teamers.

In three months or so there going to get a whole spring practice to do that. Someone who is 4th string isnt seeing the field next yeat anyway unless they were redshirting

We'll agree to disagree. There must be a reason that HCDB said it would take until games 4-6 in the second year for the offense to click. Anything that hurries that process along (more practices) works for me.

While I understand his thought process, I again dont see how 15 practices in December is going to help with that. The seasonis 9+ month away with many key players out until the spring session at minimum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom