BC opens -6 over Cuse... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC opens -6 over Cuse...

The line has zero to do with "respect." It never has anything to do with respect. Vegas deals in cold, hard analytics. The betting public...that's a different story.
Vegas isn't trying to pick winners, it is trying to make a line such that the betting public goes about 50-50 on the wager. So yes, the line reflects that Vegas feels the betting public does not respect Syracuse.

I'm not a gambler and don't much pay attention to lines, but I am flabbergasted that BC would be favored by 6 over ANYONE.

This line doesnt really surprise me that much...This is going to be alot tougher game for us than you think.

BC is coming off a bye week which means they had 2 weeks to prepare for this offense
Adazio's ass is squarely on the hot seat, he needs to win this game.
This one of the few games left on BC's schedule that they have a legit shot at winning
Their two week window was just pushed to a normal week as we totally dominate Va. Tech which nobody saw coming except this Syracuse team.

It's not their fault.

They didn't know.

Great.

In the 90s we could have chanted who's house, our house for our games at BC. We would pack that place with orange, bring the band, just took over. (1994 is not included).

OrangeFoo said:
Assuming he actually watches the ball when it's snapped

I Swear that looked like a DLine fake snap count.

And what was the Vegas line for our Virginia Tech game again?
Sagarin says If the FSU game were this weekend, they would open -15 which is less than the VA tech line. Let's do it again on November 19th!!

Speaking of Sagarin, BC would be 1.5 favorite over us when you consider home field advantage.

Strength of schedule: BC 82, Cuse 21. Despite that we're 3 - 4 while they are 3 - 3. Considering new coach, new system, 7 games in against the schedule we've had we should be 2 - 5. We're doing great!

I agree with the sense that we're the better team but they've had 2 weeks to prepare while we just played the game of our lives. This is going to be tough.

The opening line makes no sense. Against FBS competition, BC only averages 17 points per game. And that includes games against UMass and Buffalo. Their offensive output against P5 competition is 8 ppg.

I'm not sure BC could cover even if our defense was stricken with dysentery.

The opening line makes no sense. Against FBS competition, BC only averages 17 points per game. And that includes games against UMass and Buffalo. Their offensive output against P5 competition is 8 ppg.

I'm not sure BC could cover even if our defense was stricken with dysentery.

Their last 12 games against P5 schools they are averaging 9.5 ppg with a high of 17 points. Even if they somehow got 20 points (not possible) they would have to hold SU to 13 just to cover. In their last 9 games vs P5 schools their best effort on D was 17 points. So that 13 would be a new low given up (not likely).

The betting line is insane and has to be based on the fact that they are 4th in the nation in yards per game on D. However anyone with half a brain will realize that was built off of GA Tech, Wagner, Buffalo, and UMass. They gave up over 475 yards to both Clemson and VA Tech. While both of those teams are good, neither are great on O. Taking away the non P5 teams, BC is giving up over 400 yards per game which makes them average. Their D is smoke and mirrors.

On O they barely get over 225 yards per game vs P5 schools which is the worst of any P5 team, including Rutgers.

BC is like a bad version of UConn.

Great.

In the 90s we could have chanted who's house, our house for our games at BC. We would pack that place with orange, bring the band, just took over. (1994 is not included).

If the Dome ever got a chant with one side screaming "It's not their fault" with a reply from the other side "They didn't know" I will literally poop my pants.

Great.

@bc games in the 90s and early 00s were sooooo much fun.

circled that game every year.

even skipped WS Game 1 and a Sunday Giants in 1998 for it.

oh to be young, single and a drunk...

I celebrated the 96 WS Game 6 win at Cityside after our beatdown of BC earlier in the day. Still probably the greatest sports day I've had.

Also celebrated the Knoblauch 3R HR, and the Tino grand slam in Game 1 of 98 at Cityside...after our beatdown of BC earlier in the day.

The kids here have no idea how fun it was.

BC runs for about 150, but they can only throw play action passes. if the corners dont get sucked up and give some easy throws we should be ok to hold them to under 20. As long as the offense doesnt implode and give them short fields not sure how we dont score 30.

I celebrated the 96 WS Game 6 win at Cityside after our beatdown of BC earlier in the day. Still probably the greatest sports day I've had.

Also celebrated the Knoblauch 3R HR, and the Tino grand slam in Game 1 of 98 at Cityside...after our beatdown of BC earlier in the day.

The kids here have no idea how fun it was.
no idea.

the '90 game in the Sun with Carpenter going off was just a great time. '92 Graves goes 99 yds for the game winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom