BC Schedules Home and Home with Bama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC Schedules Home and Home with Bama

I was at the BC/Alabama game at Foxboro in 1983. Most bizarre football weather day ever. Snow, sleet, heavy rain, high winds; you name it. The power went out very early in the game. Late November. The game continued despite no power. No TV time outs, shortened halftime so the game could be played before dark set in. I think the game was played in like two hours. Power never came back on during the game. You couldn't sit as the stands were like a waterfall. Truly bizarre. Btw, Doug Fluttie and BC beat Bama that day.
Ahhh, Schaefer Stadium. The worst facility that $6 million could build in 1971. I grew up in Foxboro, and when I'd take friends/family from other parts of the country by the Stadium their reaction was always the same... "THIS is your stadium?!?!". Such a dump. Great site lines though.

What if Bama got half the gate at Gillette? Not sure if Bama travels super well on the road. I know Clemson does but does Bama?

That would be a Darryl Gross like deal. I'm just surprised Alabama would agree to a BC game at Alumni. Maybe their boosters want a trip to a nice city and demanded it.
I suspect Bama is continuing to build the national appeal of the school. There are more kids than I'd ever expect going there from my little corner of CT, and it mostly has to do with the visibility of the football program. Getting a game in Boston would seem to be part of that mission.

I suspect Bama is continuing to build the national appeal of the school. There are more kids than I'd ever expect going there from my little corner of CT, and it mostly has to do with the visibility of the football program. Getting a game in Boston would seem to be part of that mission.
didn't even think of the academic outreach. it would seem ephemeral that Alabama would stay an academic powerhouse post Saban/post dynasty but maybe they see football ultimately like saudi oil. A very slow melting ice cube that goes away in 100 years.

Future Alabama P5 opponents:

2021 Miami (Neutral site)
2022 @Texas
2023 Texas
2024 @Wisconsin
2025 @Florida St, Wisconsin
2026 @WVU, Florida St
2027 WVU, @Ohio State
2028 Ohio State, @Oklahoma St
2029 @Notre Dame, Oklahoma St
2030 @Georgia Tech, Notre Dame
2031 Georgia Tech
2032 Arizona, @Oklahoma
2033 @Arizona, Oklahoma
2034 @Virginia Tech
2035 Virginia Tech

Note that in every home and home deal Alabama plays the away game first.
I admire that all there series are in B2B years.

didn't even think of the academic outreach. it would seem ephemeral that Alabama would stay an academic powerhouse post Saban/post dynasty but maybe they see football ultimately like saudi oil. A very slow melting ice cube that goes away in 100 years.
In order to raise its academic profile, Bama is offering financial aid to out-of-state high achievers that lowers their tuition to the in-state rate, 11K vs. 30K. A goodly portion of UVa's high SAT average and lowered acceptance rate is due to the 35% limit on out-of-state students. My guesstimate is the "lowest rated" out-of-state acceptee ranks in the top third of the in-state acceptees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom