Be honest... | Syracusefan.com

Be honest...

It was probably a foul, but you'll rarely see that called. I thought we fouled Duke last year too at the end

Both plays indicate just how low our bball IQ is. Really, both just absolutely brain dead. :noidea:
I actually thought Lydon was trying to bait the 3pt shot by pretending to foul. Battle just made a freshman mistake, it happens

Reminded me of last year when I let myself fall backwards after a dumb late game foul and ended up cracking a rib.

I admire you for 'fessing up to that.

Who else's entire body went numb thinking we fouled that guy shooting at half court down 3?

About the same numbness as the following inbound where I thought they'd call White for a push off and he got the call instead. Being right after NOT giving Wake the 3 free throws on the Lydon foul I was almost expecting that one to go the other way. The ref was way behind and looked blocked out by White so I think he just went with the expected holding call but it was hard to tell on TV.

Nice to get the breaks from the refs this time...

I really like his game and it's nice to see that he knew of his mistake right away. Glad he did it here and it didn't cost us rather than down the road. Don't think he'll make the mistake again.

What was JB shouting at Gillon for after the steal? Satalin said that he was "trying to foul" when JB didn't want him to. We had the ball!

What was JB shouting at Gillon for after the steal? Satalin said that he was "trying to foul" when JB didn't want him to. We had the ball!

I think he was mad that Gillon was so aggressively going after the guy up 4 with less than 10 seconds left, risking putting them on the line to make it a 1 possession game for absolutely no reason. He was right to be mad. 5th year guy doing that... ugh.

I think he was mad that Gillon was so aggressively going after the guy up 4 with less than 10 seconds left, risking putting them on the line to make it a 1 possession game for absolutely no reason. He was right to be mad. 5th year guy doing that... ugh.
Gillon may be the most frustrating player we have had in a while. His hoops IQ is zero, he tends to play hero ball IMHO, he is awful on D, and then right when I start screaming (much to my dismay) put Howard in...he drives and dishes or gets us in an actual set. Also when Frank does get in he usually throws it out of bounds to nobody and I immediately scream put Gillon in.

Gillon may be the most frustrating player we have had in a while. His hoops IQ is zero, he tends to play hero ball IMHO, he is awful on D, and then right when I start screaming (much to my dismay) put Howard in...he drives and dishes or gets us in an actual set. Also when Frank does get in he usually throws it out of bounds to nobody and I immediately scream put Gillon in.

Yeah these two guards are the least reliable combo I can recall us having ever. There are moments of good, but many ??? moments as well. I would put Battle on the low hoops IQ scale too, maybe not zero, but no more than 1 or 2! Of course he is a freshman.

That was 100% a shooting foul. However, Wake Forest is lucky they ended the game within double digits.

After watching it a couple of times, I agree. Sometimes officials call that kind of reach around foul without contact, very risky. Gillon seemed shocked that he was getting ripped for it. I do like how he talked to Battle though, he talked to him and then gave him a pat on the behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom