Olympics inequities | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Olympics inequities

While we're at it, let's add dogsledding to the Winter Games the next time they're in the U.S. If the French can hold surfing in Tahiti, we can hold dogsledding in Alaska.
It was mentioned here that softball will be contested in Oklahoma City. That sure ain't SoCal.

Lacrosse and Squash are being added for LA. Plus Baseball & Softball I believe.

Won't miss breakdancing.

Lacrosse and Squash are being added for LA. Plus Baseball & Softball I believe.

Won't miss breakdancing.
Surfing in presumably Malibu is going to be AWESOME!!!

I think team handball is redundant and stupid. It's just another game throwing a ball into a net and we already have basketball, field hockey, soccer, water polo, ice hockey (1/3 of a ball), lacrosse, etc. Just a bunch of grown men tossing an inflatable kid's toy around. Ridiculous game.

After watching ALL sports for 2 weeks, It’s more athletic than archery, guns and equestrian. The skill in Ping Pong is freaking tremendous
And badminton, which is crazy. Just watching it makes my shuttlecock ache.

I think team handball is redundant and stupid. It's just another game throwing a ball into a net and we already have basketball, field hockey, soccer, water polo, ice hockey (1/3 of a ball), lacrosse, etc. Just a bunch of grown men tossing an inflatable kid's toy around. Ridiculous game.

Played by over 180 countries worldwide.

They must know something you don't.

They should have Gymnasts play H.O.R.S.E. “Try this one, MF!”
Absolutely 1v1 Gymnastics. Go Extreme C game version and add some danger elements, like a fire pit below the balance beam. Jousting with the rings where the first one to fall loses 10 points off their score.

All games are ridiculous, especially if there is no corresponding value to its origination. (Such as the biathlon, where cross country skiing and hunting were necessary at one time.)

Handball is a huge and popular sport globally. I think we, as Americans, must remember we're not always the center of the sporting universe.

Handball is a huge and popular sport globally. I think we, as Americans, must remember we're not always the center of the sporting universe.
1724079122511.gif

;)

Handball is one of those sports I watch where I think me and 5 or 6 buddies from the bar could join and field a competitive team.

Handball is one of those sports I watch where I think me and 5 or 6 buddies from the bar could join and field a competitive team.
See if you can win your kickball or dodgeball league first.