Beat Florida State! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Beat Florida State!

I wasn’t quite ready to say I expect us to beat Florida State last week, after this first half by Florida State and our performance today I am there. This team lacks the ability to execute on offense, and defensively they are there to be beat.

I was going to make a joke that UConn would be a tougher game. But then I looked at the UConn-Boise box score. Real nailbiter so far.

Completely unrelated to anything, it was pretty cool to see Kentucky finally break the 31 game streak against Florida. A lot of empty seats in the swamp tonight.

I was going to make a joke that UConn would be a tougher game. But then I looked at the UConn-Boise box score. Real nailbiter so far.

Completely unrelated to anything, it was pretty cool to see Kentucky finally break the 31 game streak against Florida. A lot of empty seats in the swamp tonight.

Holy shlt. Poor UConn. LOL.

...Okay, seriously though, we need to root for Florida State to get this win. At this point the game is very much up in the air and we don’t want an absolutely desperate Seminole squad next week.

My question for the board issss do we even want them to lose or win? I’m torn

Next question sayyy hypothetically taggart loses to samford and us .. issss Fl st officially a dumpster fire?

Not sure it matters either way. Any potential win seems like it would be over a name only. As long as we get to 3-0, I couldn't care less...

Yep we need wins, marquee or not. I guess the question is how will FSU react if they lose?

While their struggles are encouraging regarding our chances against them, a Samford win does us no good at all.
Samford has nearly 500 yards of offense and leads despite 4 turnovers. This is no fluke. I'll take my chances against this FSU team. We should be favored.

Next week will be extremely interesting. Samford looked like a pretty good football team with a good QB and some good WR’s. They gave FSU fits all night. I wonder how FSU responds. These type of games can sometimes leave the team in doubts. But they can also have the “dodged a bullet now let’s focus” effect. Let’s hope it puts FSU in disarray.

Hope the team is focused. They can run FSU off the field if they minimize the mistakes. The DL can feast on their MASH unit OL.

Hope the team is focused. They can run FSU off the field if they minimize the mistakes. The DL can feast on their MASH unit OL.

Florida State still has a lot of talent on offense. I think both teams are susceptible to deep throws. This is probably going to be a shootout.

Florida State still has a lot of talent on offense. I think both teams are susceptible to deep throws. This is probably going to be a shootout.

Syracuse will lose if they give up multiple big plays. Ward needs to have those guys watching tape today on State. Their playcalling is bad. Real bad. They have no impact receiver. Have to watch out for Cam Akers. Their defense kept them in a game that they were getting diced up in. If it weren't for the turnovers, they would have lost by 21+. If Dungey makes the right plays, Cuse comes out this 3-0 and gets some national recognition especially if the offense is rolling.

Florida State fans online are legitimately worried about this game. They know how tough it is to play in the Dome and they see what Dungey and this offense is capable of. Over on Tomahawk Nation, the comments are killing the writer for calling SU a tune up.

Taggert, the new head coach, sure is a dummy. How do you give this quote to the press after the Va. Tech game?

"I saw a lot of guys ticked off in the locker room, a lot of guys crying." Taggart said.

There should be a bunch of signs next week, apologizing for making them cry.
Crying! Crying! There's no crying in football.

I think this is right. Our D isn’t great - they will score. But their OL is a disaster. Will need a big game from our front.

This is one of those games where you talk about developing a winning culture and learning how to win. A team with flaws all over the place, that is not grounded with a new coach. This should not be a VT or Clemson but instead just a team ready to prove it can do what it should at home vs a struggling team both physically and mentally. Win this one and add that notch in the mental belt to get out there and blaze the trail for a bowl game. Get to 4-0 and both our guys and the opponents see us for differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom