Beating a dead horse. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Beating a dead horse.

Best part of the late games is I get the wife to bed as well so I can be all by myself. On nights when she's not ready to go to bed, I turn the heat up, the fire on, and put an extra blanket over her on the couch. She either gets the message or falls asleep quickly.

I love my alone time as well but my wife watches all the games so I had company in the man cave last night

Geez everything but NyQuil.

Sometimes I bring out the big guns as well.

image001.jpg

To each his own. I prefer to not be dosing off by the end of the game. As a kid a loved watching the big games with my dad. I look forward to doing that with my kids, but I can't if they're in bed.

As a kid I had to listen to games on the radio because Queens County wasn't wired for cable due to it being so corrupt. Somehow we made it through. This is a couple of times a year. UNC was a day game, Pitt is a day game.

To each his own. I prefer to not be dosing off by the end of the game. As a kid a loved watching the big games with my dad. I look forward to doing that with my kids, but I can't if they're in bed.

Hey, I definitely understand this as well. My 10 year old boy watched the UNC game with me the other day (most of the time while lying on top of me on the couch). I love sharing this with him, but after his hoops practice last night, I was all about getting him upstairs and down for the night. Then again, last night wasn't really a big game...

I feel like the dead horse! These 9pm games really stink for me since, I have to be to work at 5:30am.
I need a Red Bull IV!

Just to show you how stupid I can be at times. I had never had a red bull until about 2 months ago when we were at a pre-holiday party and someone said I should try a red bull and vodka.

So the bartender pours the red bull out and I immediately think "wait...its not red?"

Things you learn.

Hey, I definitely understand this as well. My 10 year old boy watched the UNC game with me the other day (most of the time while lying on top of me on the couch). I love sharing this with him, but after his hoops practice last night, I was all about getting him upstairs and down for the night. Then again, last night wasn't really a big game...

My son is 13 and I let him watch the first half. Another year or two and he will be able to make it all the way through.

Just to show you how stupid I can be at times. I had never had a red bull until about 2 months ago when we were at a pre-holiday party and someone said I should try a red bull and vodka.

So the bartender pours the red bull out and I immediately think "wait...its not red?"

Things you learn.
It's also not a male cow Marsh!

My son is 13 and I let him watch the first half. Another year or two and he will be able to make it all the way through.

I thought about it, but he's got so much going on these days he really can't afford to lose anymore sleep than he already does. Lax, hoops, in a play at school - this kid is so much more well rounded than me it's ridiculous.

Doubt that you get less sleep thanI do. I rarely get to bed before 1:30/2 a.m ... and sometimes a lot later. I've always been a night owl. Best job I ever had for my diurnal cycle was a newspaper reporter on the night shift. It was heaven. Worked between 7 pm and 2 am.

Only thing better than a diurnal cycle, in my opinion, is a dipeetrough cycle. Or so Ragman tells me.

Yea I had one and then immediately asked for the shittiest beer they had which was Genny Light. It was a nice balance.
Wow I bet that was a bad hangover the next day!

WOW that seems like child abuse only letting him watch the first half
Bet he is peaking around the corner
I could fall asleep watching Cuse re-plays...fall asleep during a live game...WAY too amped up for that

OO44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom