Beating a dead horse. | Syracusefan.com

Beating a dead horse.

JarHeadJim said:
I feel like the dead horse! These 9pm games really stink for me since, I have to be to work at 5:30am. I need a Red Bull IV!

ESPN owns us now. Price we pay for joining the ACC. More ESPN 3 games and 9 p.m. starts.

I feel like the dead horse! These 9pm games really stink for me since, I have to be to work at 5:30am.
I need a Red Bull IV!
It took me a moment to realize that Red Bull IV wasn't the much anticipated sequel to Red Bulls I, II, and III.

KaiserUEO said:
sorry jim, the 9pmers rule. frees up time to do everything.

Good with the bad. More free time but I couldn't fall asleep last night until after midnight.

ESPN won't put two ACC games against each other, and it completely makes sense that the 23rd ranked Duke Blue Devils would be on the flagship against Virginia at 7 while the #2 team in the country is on ESPNU against one of it's "rivals".:bang:

Good with the bad. More free time but I couldn't fall asleep last night until after midnight.
well, looking at the schedule we get the jv time slot for the rest of the year, save wake on the 29th.

sucks.

I feel like the dead horse! These 9pm games really stink for me since, I have to be to work at 5:30am.
I need a Red Bull IV!

I hear you. I was playing hoops at 6:30 this morning and definitely felt it. Don't know how I'm going to make it through today without a nap at some point.

I know what you mean. I have to get up at 0430 hours to commute to work and I am dead, but it is well worth it. I just have an IV of coffee set up right now to keep me awake.

ESPN won't put two ACC games against each other, and it completely makes sense that the 23rd ranked Duke Blue Devils would be on the flagship against Virginia at 7 while the #2 team in the country is on ESPNU against one of it's "rivals".:bang:
blame BC they are that bad

well, looking at the schedule we get the jv time slot for the rest of the year, save wake on the 29th.

sucks.
all our big games are on Saturdays

I love the 9PM games. And I get less sleep than anyone on this board.
Doubt that you get less sleep thanI do. I rarely get to bed before 1:30/2 a.m ... and sometimes a lot later. I've always been a night owl. Best job I ever had for my diurnal cycle was a newspaper reporter on the night shift. It was heaven. Worked between 7 pm and 2 am.

UNC- Duke is always the 9PM game. I like em, can get home, kids to bed, etc

I love the 9PM games. And I get less sleep than anyone on this board.
I have friend like that. Rarely gets more than 4 hours per night. He claims he feels fine even though the exhaustion on his face is obvious every time I see him.

Doubt that you get less sleep thanI do. I rarely get to bed before 1:30/2 a.m ... and sometimes a lot later. I've always been a night owl. Best job I ever had for my diurnal cycle was a newspaper reporter on the night shift. It was heaven. Worked between 7 pm and 2 am.

I get about 3-4 hours a night and its on and off. Never straight through.

Best part of the late games is I get the wife to bed as well so I can be all by myself. On nights when she's not ready to go to bed, I turn the heat up, the fire on, and put an extra blanket over her on the couch. She either gets the message or falls asleep quickly.

I have friend like that. Rarely gets more than 4 hours per night. He claims he feels fine even though the exhaustion on his face is obvious every time I see him.

Oh I am tired! I try to take a 15-20 minute power nap around 6:30 every night which does wonders.

Best part of the late games is I get the wife to bed as well so I can be all by myself. On nights when she's not ready to go to bed, I turn the heat up, the fire on, and put an extra blanket over her on the couch. She either gets the message or falls asleep quickly.
Geez everything but NyQuil.

To each his own. I prefer to not be dosing off by the end of the game. As a kid a loved watching the big games with my dad. I look forward to doing that with my kids, but I can't if they're in bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom