Bees - have you seen the latest | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bees - have you seen the latest

Give up your Rutgers dream. Townie was a prophet, still may be...they have a better chance of going down the drain than upgrading.

haha!!

i have no use for storz and their hoop only soccer stadium in hartford.

and neither does the rest of America.

nd & rutgers.....

:cool:

Kaiser, I was with you till the end; they should take Storz instead of Rutgers! We need to continue the bball rivalry between the 'Cuse and Huskies - those games are always awesome. The RAC does nothing for me.

Kaiser, I was with you till the end; they should take Storz instead of Rutgers! We need to continue the bball rivalry between the 'Cuse and Huskies - those games are always awesome. The RAC does nothing for me.

but storz is a great ooc game.

again, this is about football.

US here in the ACC are set on hoop.

dont really need a 3x National Champ things up.

Syracuse and pitt scare them as it is......

:eek:

Let's not screw up bball in our lust for fball $, when we can have the best of both worlds. UConn is as good or better than Rutgers in football and way ahead of them in bball, and probably brings in as much of the NYC TV market, so I am sticking with Storrs to fill out the ACC-16, if ND joins.

The football-centric ACC teams want good football additions next. ND & Penn State would qualify in a way that UConn & Rutgers wouldn't. There may be some of the same football school vs. basketball school conflict as within the BE. How would that play out?

The football-centric ACC teams want good football additions next. ND & Penn State would qualify in a way that UConn & Rutgers wouldn't. There may be some of the same football school vs. basketball school conflict as within the BE. How would that play out?

If ND comes then they (the ACC football-centric schools) won't care if UConn or Rutgers slides in with them. ND would be big enough for football to make the other team worth it to them. As long as Swofford has the balls to tell ND where to stick it, I'l' be happy to be associated with them again. Until that time, they can kiss my arse for speeding up the demise of the BE.

If the ACC gets ND, screw UConn and screw Rutools. The conference should aim somewhere else. I'm now on the keep geo rivals out of the same conference bandwagon. Give SU the recruiting edge.

Why is anyone still listening to this clown? He has as much credibility as Frank the Tank.

Even the people on the Northwestern board are getting tired of his schtick.

Let's not screw up bball in our lust for fball $, when we can have the best of both worlds. UConn is as good or better than Rutgers in football and way ahead of them in bball, and probably brings in as much of the NYC TV market, so I am sticking with Storrs to fill out the ACC-16, if ND joins.
thats hysterical.

listen, the ACC hoop conference wouldve been set, WITHOUT SYRACUSE and pitt.

WITH THEM they are a monster. they dont need stroz to pick them up.

storz brings them down in football.

it is useless.

their football conference doesnt need hartford.

their football conference has the only relevent program in new england.

the big10 isnt going to take them.

why is this so hard for people to understand????

thats hysterical.

listen, the ACC hoop conference wouldve been set, WITHOUT SYRACUSE and pitt.

WITH THEM they are a monster. they dont need stroz to pick them up.

storz brings them down in football.

it is useless.

their football conference doesnt need hartford.

their football conference has the only relevent program in new england.

the big10 isnt going to take them.

why is this so hard for people to understand????

Logic and reason has no business here.

Hope Texas stays far away from the ACC. These guys are poison.

i cant state this enough...ITS ABOUT FOOTBALL.

and quite possibly WHERE THEY CAN PLAY THEIR GAMES.

storz is a tremendous hoop school, but is useless for football.

so if their hoop team is worth taking...but for a conf that already has SYRACUSE, north carolina, dook and maryland......it doesnt need them.

expecially when they are already in their footprint with another program.

pretty simple.

If its about football with Charlie Strong coaching Louisville back with good recruiting I would rather see the ACC go that route. With Mizzou not going to the SEC you gotta believe Texas A&M 13 and West Virginia 14 and if the ACC gets Notre Dame go Louisville 16 or just let Notre Dame pick between the Jersey Shore or Pound Puppies. However, Kaiser which school getting damaged benefits SU the most? Jersey Shore because if they get left behind the NJ recruits would look our way more and that would help us more than bringing them with us to the ACC.

i cant state this enough...ITS ABOUT FOOTBALL.

and quite possibly WHERE THEY CAN PLAY THEIR GAMES.

storz is a tremendous hoop school, but is useless for football.

so if their hoop team is worth taking...but for a conf that already has SYRACUSE, north carolina, dook and maryland......it doesnt need them.

expecially when they are already in their footprint with another program.

pretty simple.

14 is the new 16.

Rutgers plays Ohio this weekend. Yukon is at Buffalo. I expect they'll need to get used to it. :rolling:

14 is the new 16.

Rutgers plays Ohio this weekend. Yukon is at Buffalo. I expect they'll need to get used to it. :rolling:

Been lurking the Syracuse message after the raid but I have to chime in here.

Are you really reveling in the fact that your schools backroom deal will lead to the downfall of the conference you helped build for 32 years?

That's the kind of stuff that you laugh at? I fully expect a smart ass response, but I had to say me piece.

Are you really reveling in the fact that your schools backroom deal will lead to the downfall of the conference you helped build for 32 years?

That's the kind of stuff that you laugh at? I fully expect a smart ass response, but I had to say me piece.
Yes, the fact that basketball schools are voting on football money says it all, especially Notre Dame who has other interests. Other conferences do not even have this problem. Oh Green Acres :)

Edit: Your school's looking for a way out of the conference too. NM.

As opposed to your Chancellor walking up and down I-95 hat in hand? Really...

This conference collapsed a long time ago. There are moments when it's back (Big East tourney depending on matchups, Cuse-GTown, SJU packing MSG, etc). But it's been a mish-mash of program building and schools with conflicting missions.

As opposed to your Chancellor walking up and down I-95 hat in hand? Really...

This conference collapsed a long time ago. There are moments when it's back (Big East tourney depending on matchups, Cuse-GTown, SJU packing MSG, etc). But it's been a mish-mash of program building and schools with conflicting missions.

What is she supposed to do now after you guys bolted? The Big East as it stands will probably end up be raided again.

Your move came out of nowhere and shocked everyone. If you could have stuck it out another year we could have gotten a new tv contract. Maybe not as lucrative as the ACC's, who knows? To throw out all the history, all the rivalries, maybe thats still worth something to people in this day and age.

Right, rivalries with Marquette, South Florida, DePaul, and a budding one with TCU. Cincy might never be the same.

The "new TV contract" was a shiny object for internet posters. We have no long-standing football rivalry with you, with Rutgers, with USF, with Louisville.

The fact that two schools moved to a more stable situation in these times should shock absolutely no one.

He had Nebraska, but I think he also had Texas going last time. But, there really is no right or wrong in these things as things can change quickly. A post like that he just made has so much detail that you almost have to believe that much of it is founded on fact.
This doesn't square w/ the story that the Big 12 teams ceded their TV rights to the conference for 6 years.

Right, rivalries with Marquette, South Florida, DePaul, and a budding one with TCU. Cincy might never be the same.

The "new TV contract" was a shiny object for internet posters. We have no long-standing football rivalry with you, with Rutgers, with USF, with Louisville.

The fact that two schools moved to a more stable situation in these times should shock absolutely no one.

Right, rivalries with UConn, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, and new ones with Louisville.

Well our deal was up in a year, and the one we turned down was already substantially higher than our current one.

If you don't want to call UConn, Rutgers, or West Virginia a football rivalry, then fine.

Honest question that's not intended to flame you-are you under 18? Maybe you're not old enough to appreciate the history.

I am 40 in a couple of months. When I went to SU you guys were taking advantage of our probation (some kids had some free food and the local press had a field day with it) and had no football to speak of. And I grew up a St. John's fan, so don't lecture on the Big East. Dom Perno used to be roadkill in those days.

West Virginia is clearly a rivalry, we play for the Coach Ben trophy. I feel badly for them. Rutgers spend a very long time being the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Then they bilked the taxpayer for that stadium.

I am old enough to remember the history and can say these rivalries were (and still are) very special to us. However when you compare these rivalries to the longterm health of our athletic program, there was only one choice that needed to be made...what color pen to sign with.

The opportunity presented itself and we took advantage of it.

-----------------

1) The ACC made an offer. SU said yes.

2) SU decided in 2003 it wanted to join the ACC. Going with Pitt and joining a north-south ACC is not a difficult decision to make.

3) I wish the Big East teams well.
Hope SU continues games against RU and UConn OOC and expect RU and UConn will end up in ACC or Big 10.

Right, rivalries with UConn, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, and new ones with Louisville.

Well our deal was up in a year, and the one we turned down was already substantially higher than our current one.

If you don't want to call UConn, Rutgers, or West Virginia a football rivalry, then fine.

Honest question that's not intended to flame you-are you under 18? Maybe you're not old enough to appreciate the history.

i like history. i watched BE history being made.

and i dont see why storz, gtown, nova, the johnies and lville wont play us in hoop in a FLUKIN GODDAMN MADE FOR TV EVENT IN HOOP EVERY YEAR or so!!

Syracuse & pitt > storz and rutgers

ACC > bigeast

it was before in football...and now it is in hoop too.

pretty simple stuff.....