Before posting expansion scenarios, please review...FYI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Before posting expansion scenarios, please review...FYI

Good point but it was more illustrative of how we came back to the future...obviously we'd have to go to rotating pods of 4. Basketball is more problematic at 16/18. A 20 game season? 17 + 3 h/h's?

17 + 1 h/h.

They'll never agree to 20 conference games. We'd beat each other up.

Again, you aren't comparing apples to apples. We kept more media and sponsorship rights than the Big 12 and we are actually getting closer to $24-25m if you compare them apples to apples on the deals

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2012/05/post_97.html
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2012/11/19/maryland-leaves-acc-for-big-ten/1715635/
The Big Ten has the biggest TV contract in college sports. The league allots each member school more than $24 million a year, according to published reports, including by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, while the ACC provides about $17 million a school.

I think the 24-25 a year is the backloaded portion of the contract as contracts increase over the years. Its an average of 17 million a year like the early years might be 13-14 million a year. Also, they may be including the 3rd tier rights which I believe will be kept by the ACC schools which has been misreported. There is no chance the ACC is making 24-25 million a year or nobody would be looking to leave.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2012/11/19/maryland-leaves-acc-for-big-ten/1715635/
The Big Ten has the biggest TV contract in college sports. The league allots each member school more than $24 million a year, according to published reports, including by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, while the ACC provides about $17 million a school.

I think the 24-25 a year is the backloaded portion of the contract as contracts increase over the years. Its an average of 17 million a year like the early years might be 13-14 million a year. Also, they may be including the 3rd tier rights which I believe will be kept by the ACC schools which has been misreported. There is no chance the ACC is making 24-25 million a year or nobody would be looking to leave.

If you don't want to believe TGD and Swofford, then I don't know what else to say. Yes, the B10 makes more money. The Big 12? Maybe, but not by the $5-7m you claim based on their respective tv deals.

If you don't want to believe TGD and Swofford, then I don't know what else to say. Yes, the B10 makes more money. The Big 12? Maybe, but not by the $5-7m you claim based on their respective tv deals.
How can the ACC will be making 24-25 million a year and nobody has reported this? That is B1G money now. I believe the ACC will probably be making 17-19 million a year with potential for more through your own 3 tier rights. Maryland wouldn't have left if the ACC was making that much it was the potential to earn 35 million a year versus the potential to make 17 million a year.

i dont see old bigeast vs old acc divisions as va tech would bolt,if this is about stability we can work out something else such as this:

Atlantic<------------------------------------------>Coastal
Florida State<------------------------------------>Miami Fl
Clemson<----------------------------------------->Virginia Tech
Georgia Tech<------------------------------------> Virginia
Nc State<------------------------------------------>North Carolina
Wake Forest<-------------------------------------->Duke
Syracuse<------------------------------------------->Boston College
Connecticut<---------------------------------------->Pittsburgh
Cincinnati<------------------------------------------->Louisville

id also rather go back to 9 game conference schedule by 2016 or 2017