Belief Without Evidence | Syracusefan.com

Belief Without Evidence

DoubleDee

All American
Remember this site when Lloyd Carr was going to be our coach because he was spotted?

Remember all the names thrown around in 2009, only for the Marrone hire to come out of left field?

Remember thinking Greg Robinson had one hell of a pedigree? How'd that work out?

We have shown in the last week just how ridiculous this fandom can make you. There has been a lot of belief without evidence. To the point of some being a tad snarky.

It is probable, that some or most of everything we've been going back and forth about is partially or completely false. This right here, is why the country is divided. Not because Trump is racist, or because Biden is senile, but because that's how things have been presented to you.

Many on here, like myself, were intrigued by this Chesney option. I honestly had no interest in Golden or Mullen. I will admit my interest in Mullen grew as I read up on things. Of course those things may have been false, but oh well. What if Chesney is a diamond in the rough? A huge success? Do we get 200+ pages of apology posts?

I am a Syracuse fan, like my Father before me. Dolly Parton could be the next coach and I'd probably show up.

Until I am PROVEN wrong, I will support. If the next guy doesn't work, I will hope for a new one that does. For now I will trust the process, and the powers that be. Then, I will hope for the best. And to be fair, I am a fan. Not an expert. Not a high roller. Just your average idiot.

Our past is riddled with coaches who got their start at lower schools. If the next one is too, here's hoping he has that same success as a Ben, Mac, or P. He has my support until he doesn't.

LGO

(roast away)

It is probable, that some or most of everything we've been going back and forth about is partially or completely false. This right here, is why the country is divided. Not because Trump is racist, or because Biden is senile, but because that's how things have been presented to you.
Agree with this.

It would be interesting to assemble what few facts we actually have.

We have the Wildhack presser.

We have a search firm.

We have Damien Rhodes inquiring.

We have Dan Mullen squashing rumors at midnight on a Sunday, of all times and days.

That's it, right? What other facts do we have?

So your saying Ryan Day is tired of Columbus BS and is coming here?

Remember this site when Lloyd Carr was going to be our coach because he was spotted?

Remember all the names thrown around in 2009, only for the Marrone hire to come out of left field?

Remember thinking Greg Robinson had one hell of a pedigree? How'd that work out?

We have shown in the last week just how ridiculous this fandom can make you. There has been a lot of belief without evidence. To the point of some being a tad snarky.

Many on here, like myself, were intrigued by this Chesney option. I honestly had no interest in Golden or Mullen. I will admit my interest in Mullen grew as I read up on things. Of course those things may have been false, but oh well. What if Chesney is a diamond in the rough? A huge success? Do we get 200+ pages of apology posts?

I am a Syracuse fan, like my Father before me. Dolly Parton could be the next coach and I'd probably show up.

Until I am PROVEN wrong, I will support. If the next guy doesn't work, I will hope for a new one that does. For now I will trust the process, and the powers that be. Then, I will hope for the best. And to be fair, I am a fan. Not an expert. Not a high roller. Just your average idiot.

Our past is riddled with coaches who got their start at lower schools. If the next one is too, here's hoping he has that same success as a Ben, Mac, or P. He has my support until he doesn't.

LGO

(roast away)
Everyone else here feels the same way, or will at least when July or August rolls around. They wouldn't invest so much time in this program if they were going to just check out once a hire is made.

I have a little experience in hiring as well as being on the other side of the table in the hiring process. What's on paper doesn't always necessarily translate to a position/role in an organization.

We all want clarity about the future and are trying to figure it out, but no one knows who will be the right hire or how someone will fare.

Bottom line is, when you start over, hope for the future can be at an all time high. I for one am going to cherish now until kickoff at the first game. Exciting times are ahead.

It's all so tiring.

Just waiting for a Thamel tweet, that's my source.

Everyone else knows nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom