Belmont | Syracusefan.com

Belmont

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
I drew the 6 horse. Wanna see the triple tho. Closed the bar last night, woke up at 8 for the color run. Ran with vodka

image-1955441591.jpg Let's hit it

Last edited:
Yes, too bad CC didn't end the drought & win the trip crown. Even worse was the sour grapes whining of the owner. However, I do agree that something needs to be changed with the way the triple crown races are being run even though I think the owners rant was off-track (no pun intended). The current trip crown format puts too much stress on the horses. And don't tell me that horses did it 36 years ago. In baseball pitchers used to routinely go 9 innings and Tommy John surgery was a rarity. Things change in terms of the demands of mechanics on the bodies of the athletes. My solution - more time between the races. Run the K Derby a week sooner and the Belmont a week later.

Pretty sore loser there tho eh?

I regret rooting for his horse after seeing that, just poor sportsmanship out of him, I understand it has to be frustrating coming that close to a triple crown, but you don't want to be the sore loser.

Yes, too bad CC didn't end the drought & win the trip crown. Even worse was the sour grapes whining of the owner. However, I do agree that something needs to be changed with the way the triple crown races are being run even though I think the owners rant was off-track (no pun intended). The current trip crown format puts too much stress on the horses. And don't tell me that horses did it 36 years ago. In baseball pitchers used to routinely go 9 innings and Tommy John surgery was a rarity. Things change in terms of the demands of mechanics on the bodies of the athletes. My solution - more time between the races. Run the K Derby a week sooner and the Belmont a week later.

So, because nobody can do it anymore, we should change the rules? Unfortunately, this seems to be the prevailing attitude across this country anymore. Even in academics.

Devolution at its finest.

So, because nobody can do it anymore, we should change the rules? Unfortunately, this seems to be the prevailing attitude across this country anymore. Even in academics.

Devolution at its finest.
Not because nobody can do it any more, because I think the effort puts too much stress on the animals. I am animals first in this.

I was all in on CC too and could not believe the comments of the owner.Usually horse owners, trainers and jockeys are very gracious in defeat but not this guy. Even after sleeping on it, he was still complaining. He invested roughly $10,000 in the horse (between what he paid for the sire and dam ) and is going to cash in big time. Enough money for him, his kids and grandkids. The GM of Pimlico said that having more time in between races would allow for better quality races on the undercard which is what you saw at Belmont yesterday. Yesterday's card was almost Breeder's Cup quality.

Sore loser indeed but an interesting discussion point. Ultimately for me though, I want the best horses to be in each race regardless if they raced in the Kentucky Derby. Other Triple Crown contenders and winners had to face horses that did not race all 3 legs. Changing that would mean an asterisk on the next triple crown winner. And if such a rule had been in effect yesterday, Medal Count would have won the Belmont. The one change I would like to see is for them to space out the races a month apart. That would change tradition and the Triple Crown accomplishment would be different but still impressive. Today's horses are not bred to race as much as horses in decades past. For the benefit and safety of the horses, I feel it would be in horse racing's best interest to do so. Along with getting rid of drugs whose use has led to so many horses needlessly dying.