What did I do wrong at Cuse? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What did I do wrong at Cuse?

Was at SU when the drinking age was 18.

Puking my guts out after quaffing a few Utica Club 'Maximus'es back then prepared me for adulthood.

Also remember puking my guts out after a bunch of us drank a pitcher of sangria and two pitchers of dark beer down at Hungry Charlie's...

Was at SU when the drinking age was 18.

Puking my guts out after quaffing a few Utica Club 'Maximus'es back then prepared me for adulthood.

Also remember puking my guts out after a bunch of us drank a pitcher of sangria and two pitchers of dark beer down at Hungry Charlie's...
UC is making a huge comeback. I drank it all summer.

UC is making a huge comeback. I drank it all summer.
Maximus was a higher alcohol drink, more like malt liquor. They introduced it at some kind of big event on campus. I wasn't the only one puking my guts out that weekend.

I was up at Oswego two years ago and for a town once known for its 150 bars, it's pretty sad to say that it is extremely limited on where to go. So, if Oswego has been affected that much, I'm sure most college towns are as well.
I'm in Oswego quite a bit and I agree with you. There are still quite a few local corner bars where the drafts are cold. I think kids have to go downtown which is a long way from campus. At least the Shed is a liquor store if it suits you.

Head up to the bars in Oswego. Are they still letting high school kids in?

The off campus party scene is much bigger than when I went to SU (87-91). My daughter graduated in 2023 and lived off campus her last 2 years. We would park at her house for football games. Every 3rd house, it seemed, had lawn parties pre and post game.
There is also a really big underground music scene in the neighborhood east of campus on weekends with multiple basement "clubs". It seems highly illegal to me and is a disaster waiting to happen, but it is what it is.
covid killed the bar scene outside of orange crate. and they do well because it has an outdoor component and often a DJ/live music. Everywhere else is dead because they all party off campus now -- covid accelerated a trend that was already happening.

I've drank plenty of "crappy beer" and I'm actually kind of proud of it. What college kids are actually drinking beer for the taste anyway.

Since there are plenty of breweries around these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom