Bench Scoring | Syracusefan.com

Bench Scoring

Roberson's free throw. He has what, one point the past 3 games?

People mentioned shortening the bench today, so you can't have it both ways. We need more from Gillon, he's disappointing. I'm not upset at TT, he's a freshman making rookie mistakes but the talent is there. I can't believe it's possible but Robey actually looked worse tonight off the bench than he has starting al year. Unfortunately for him, Battle was one of our better players so I cant imagine TRob getting his starting spot back anytime soon

Roberson just doesn't fit in high major CBB anymore.

He's undersized, can't shoot and has no slashing ability.

He's an athletic freak but none of that matters when you possess none of the attributes listed above that a PF has to have now.

He's an athletic freak but none of that matters when you possess none of the attributes listed above that a PF has to have now.
I agree with you on somepoints. Roberson fits on a team where he plays about 28 minutes, gets 9 boards, 3 offensive and makes 2 bunnies a game. Expecting him to do anything more than that is too much. Unfortunately, he's doing even worse than that for us

People mentioned shortening the bench today, so you can't have it both ways. We need more from Gillon, he's disappointing. I'm not upset at TT, he's a freshman making rookie mistakes but the talent is there. I can't believe it's possible but Robey actually looked worse tonight off the bench than he has starting al year. Unfortunately for him, Battle was one of our better players so I cant imagine TRob getting his starting spot back anytime soon

Gillon is tough. He seemed very hesitant to shoot today, which was odd. He's a pretty horrendous playmaker/passer from what I've seen, but scoring is something he seemed capable of providing. Not sure if he feels like he needs to be WIDE OPEN to shoot because of his height, but he seemed to have a few open looks that he passed up. Overall, not his best game, but I think he's also still learning his role...PG or SG, or what? I think the rotation being unsettled is probably effecting his play a bit.

Worse regression, Roberson or Lydon?

Roberson, and it's not close.
I think both guys are missing G and Cooney. Our guards last year took it to the rim much more, which lead to open kick outs and drop off passes or easy offensive rebounds. Our team this year stands at the 3 point line too much and when Robey gets the ball he awkwardly is 15 feet from the hoop with no idea what to do with himself.

Worse regression, Roberson or Lydon?

I think Roberson will be fine. He has been, and as we're seeing, will always be prone to these odd stretches. As Howard acclimates to big minutes, and settles in, and the roles become more defined for Battle and he in the backcourt, his production will increase. (I hope!!!) And then he'll just be his usual frustrating self. Couple great games, couple disappearing acts, and a good game here or there.

We started our starters and stuck with a 3 man bench.

Which is scary when it's against North Florida and the one rotation guy who didn't play hasn't shown he can play. Things need to get fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom