Benny Williams to return | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams to return

Glad to hear it. He has potential, but he has to play harder and tougher next year.

25 points on 9 field goals attempts in 26 minutes. Don’t care that it was Bryant.

He’s going to be so good in the next year or two.
I’m confident he will be a rock solid player by the time he’s done.

His freshman numbers were pretty similar to Buddy’s. Main difference is Buddy scored a little more because Buddy shot a little more. But the percentages were almost the same, and so was everything else. Taylor I think projects as a better defender - he’s bigger and seems to move a little better.

Not saying he’ll be the shooter/scorer Buddy was because Buddy improved greatly in his years here….but if Taylor is even close in those regards and is a better defender - that’s a really solid college player.

25 points on 9 field goals attempts in 26 minutes. Don’t care that it was Bryant.

He’s going to be so good in the next year or two.

The 10 made free throws was the most impressive part... He was very impressive in that game, showing a lot of offensive versatility in addition to shooting.

Most of our freshman showed really nice flashes of talent last year. If they (plus Starling) all stick around and have the sophomore jump together, it could be really fun to watch.

Watching players improve year by year used to one of the best parts of being a college basketball fan. I am very happy to be able to witness it in Benny and here’s hoping every single one of our freshmen can make the sophomore LEAP!
dirty dancing GIF

Glad Benny is returning. He can be a valuable piece for a team that will hopefully be better than this year.

I hope he works all summer on his shot and develops something off the dribble. His final 3pt % looks good but until the last 4 games he had shot 29% having made only 10 all year. He must be more consistent with his shot plane and be sure there’s enough arc on every shot. Still too often this year, he shot a flat dart that had no chance to go in. It’s be great if he could develop some back to the basket game too. Need some consistency in his defensive/rebounding effort to really get the most out of him. It’s all there for him to have a big year.

Will always pull for a kid who overcomes the obstacles and issues. We all have our moments. Benny impressed me with his play later on the year and how he turned things around. Will he ever live up to the hype? Who knows. But can’t question his heart and desire.

And honestly, I love what this means for Adrian’s connections with the guys. I’d go to battle with AA any day of the week. It’s what we need right now. Let’s go.

There are many plays in that highlight video that have pro written all over them. I think he’s gonna surprise us all.
Will it be a surprise if he finally lives up to expectations and realizes his full potential?

Will it be a surprise if he finally lives up to expectations and realizes his full potential?

I don't think it will. He's not that far away.. it's just sticking with what works, taking what's available and being consistent. Pairing that with playing hard which for a coach he has a great relationship with vs a rocky one in JB... this can be his year alongside a great second year for Judah if Judah returns.

I'm not counting on it happening to be clear- but I think the odds are far better this year it happens vs last.

It was nice seeing all the good Benny Williams can do for a team all in one place! He's got a ton of potential if he can finish putting it all together.

The highlight brought home one thing I haven't liked about the team. We take way too many long two point shots. One step back, and you get an extra point! Please stop taking so many long twos, they are the worst shot in basketball.

It was nice seeing all the good Benny Williams can do for a team all in one place! He's got a ton of potential if he can finish putting it all together.

The highlight brought home one thing I haven't liked about the team. We take way too many long two point shots. One step back, and you get an extra point! Please stop taking so many long twos, they are the worst shot in basketball.

Yeah agreed on the long twos. I do like the mid range in the paint or drawing contact on the baseline but otherwise agree.

Even though it was a loss watching Benny play vs Wake in the ACCT from start to finish was impressive.

There are many plays in that highlight video that have pro written all over them. I think he’s gonna surprise us all.
For every one that says pro there are about 100 that says otherwise. Not sure I’ve ever seen a player drift around the court in my life.

You have to be able to make the shots that are available. He seems very good at getting open around the foul line.

You have to be able to make the shots that are available. He seems very good at getting open around the foul line.
I don't mind foul line shots, but how many did we take one step inside the arc? Those are the ones I hate to see.

Hope Benny can be more than just a jump shooter. For a 6’9” kid, he sure plays below the rim and out of the paint far too often. Hopefully with more athletic guards and overall better offensive spacing, perhaps he can be more of a slasher too. He’s not super athletic but should be far more impactful around the rim than he has been.

Benny improved this year!

He had his moments. Jump shot improved and no longer line drives.
44% and 39.6 three point %

He's heading in the right direction and I'm more confident about him achieving his potential more than I was going into last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom