Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

Wonder if Kenny Payne at Louisville is let go, if there’s anyone we’d be interested in? There’s their center Brandon Huntley-Hatfield who averaged 12.5 points and 8.6 rebounds in 31 minutes played/game.
call me old school but i'm still not a fan of poaching in conference.
i want a certain degree of hatred in your heart when you face down the enemy. now i suppose if someone was released or buried deep on the bench or say a HC issue it's ok. but TBH i don't like fishing those waters.

Last edited:
After finally getting the details on Benny's transgressions this year from someone who would know, I've never been more happy that Red cut bait. I don't think it's a coincidence that the team is really taking off with him gone. We don't need bad influences on this team.
Can you share the details?

After finally getting the details on Benny's transgressions this year from someone who would know, I've never been more happy that Red cut bait. I don't think it's a coincidence that the team is really taking off with him gone. We don't need bad influences on this team.
I was turned off on him when it came out he had a fight with Maliq in practice.

i want a certain degree of hatred in your heart when you face down the enemy. now i suppose if someone was released or buried deep on the bench or say a HC issue it's ok. but TBH i don't like fishing those waters.
Agree it does seem very questionable if the coach is still there but if a coach is let go- I guess I feel it’s different since all the players become free agents when the coach they have committed to, is gone.

What we have in cbb nowadays are 1-year free agent contracts for everyone.
If you play well, you know that either your team or some other will bid for your services at the end of your "contract". That's not "poaching", that's playing the hand that is dealt.
And honestly, it's hard to feel "hatred" in this era since you have no idea who you'll be fielding, or playing against, going into each season. I hate Georgetown but I won't hate them any more if Judah ends up signing there. Can't hate the playa, hate the game.

Last edited:
I hate Georgetown but I won't hate them any more if Judah ends up signing there. Can't hate the playa, hate the game.
i will. i never hated GT until marbury. i never hated Tennessee until tobias harris. you can still instill hatred.
and frankly i've grown soft on georgetown . no longer a conference nemesis. they're national nobodies as a program. not like the old days. yes this move could reignite some of that old school hoya hating.

Last edited:
All I know is that I’ve seen enough to know that JJ isn’t a starting PG at this level.

Think we end up rolling with a transfer PG /Q at the point.

If I had to guess….

PG-Portal will get the most minutes. Q could be token starter to appease him.
2G - JJ
SF- Bell if he’s back. Q if he’s not
SF- Freeman
C- Maliq - which concerns me.

Bench -Westry/Moore/Mcleod/Cuffe

Have a feeling either Bell or Taylor portals.
I think we pick up a stretch “4” in the portal to go along with a PG.

Not sure what Carey does, but frankly I’d rather keep him. Mcleod’s health worries me. And I’d rather Brown get more minutes at the 4.

Hima Judah are gone for sure as well as either Bell or Taylor.
Of course JJ isn’t a PG. He’s a scoring guard and that’s where he’s best suited. Q and Chance will be the PGs next season. And frankly I’d like to see JT stay on. I think he’ll be improved next season. The staff has done a good job to get him going with back door plays and having him run the baseline.

i will. i never hated GT until marbury. i never hated Tennessee until tobias harris. you can still instill hatred.
and frankly i've grown soft on georgetown . no longer a conference nemesis. they're national nobodies as a program. not like the old days. yes this move could reignite some of that old school hoya hating.

Don't get me wrong, I detest and will always detest GTown. But Judah signing there won't necessarily make me hate them more.
I'm happy for these kids finally getting a chance to make some money- for years everyone else has done so at their expense. So, I'd have no greater ill will because Judah took a bag. God bless him, and move on.

Don't get me wrong, I detest and will always detest GTown. But Judah signing there won't necessarily make me hate them more.
I'm happy for these kids finally getting a chance to make some money- for years everyone else has done so at their expense. So, I'd have no greater ill will because Judah took a bag. God bless him, and move on.

Georgetown will still...

Georgetown will still...
1709660733114.gif

I won't give it a second thought. That is the world we live in now. This is the business that we have chosen. Last year, a Catholic school, poached a coach from a fellow Catholic school. Both original members of the league.

It's not possible to make me despise G-town any more.
But Judah would become another Benedict Arnold.
You want out...go anywhere but there.

I LOOOAAAAATHE G-TOWN.

GO ORANGE!
(And beat Clemson)!

so i benny playing for gtown next year?

any news on what his next chapter will be?

so i benny playing for gtown next year?

any news on what his next chapter will be?
Do you think they would take him? Really. I mean he has to have big question marks on him and for a guy that wants to turn a program around, do you start that with Benny? I wouldn't.

Do you think they would take him? Really. I mean he has to have big question marks on him and for a guy that wants to turn a program around, do you start that with Benny? I wouldn't.
Highly doubt he lands in a power conference.

might be a nice way to stick it to the orange, idk...cooley seems fired up about the rivalry...benny is from nearby...hometown kid...and if he is willing to change, could be his last chance

i personally wouldnt take him...but his measurables are elite...

I think Red is going to do whatever it takes to bring Maliq, Q and Bell back
Aren’t Quadir and Maliq good friends with JT from High School days? Not the same school but I guess from AAU and from IMG (copeland).

might be a nice way to stick it to the orange, idk...cooley seems fired up about the rivalry...benny is from nearby...hometown kid...and if he is willing to change, could be his last chance

i personally wouldnt take him...but his measurables are elite...
It might also be a way to attract Judah. Who we have heard is a big target for them. Judah and Benny are roommates at the Cuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom