Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

I don't go to many games a year but at the BC game his energy was really really weird. I was behind the Syracuse bench and he doesn't sit on the bench and is behind the bench.

Kid is out to lunch or has some issues. Wish him the best
I was at the WF game. Three rows up from the court. He was doing the same thing during that game as well. I was wondering wth he was doing but just figured he was stretching out or something. I guess not…

I agree. As a frequent practice attendee back then when I lived in CNY, Lazor had some game. He was different from the types of PF that we usually have, but a good athlete and a good shooter.

I think he and his family were highly dissatisfied with the lack of PT he got during the 96-97 season, and decided to search for greener pastures. His play at ASU suggests that he could have been a quality contributor here, had he stayed.
As I recall, he was pulled from the Mississippi State 1996 final 4 game in like less than a minute and I could tell from his reaction on the bench that it seemed like his time at SU was soon to be over.

As I recall, he was pulled from the Mississippi State 1996 final 4 game in like less than a minute and I could tell from his reaction on the bench that it seemed like his time at SU was soon to be over.
I don't think Bobby was on the 1996 final 4 team.

He was.

1707348935865.png

So far in this 620+ post thread besides Benny the following have been labeled as "busts" & "disapointments"

Karlton Hines
Darius Basley
Bobby Lazor
Chucky Gelett
Winfred Walton
Glenn Sekunda
Taureen Thompson

I'll add
Mark Konecny (who name literally ends in CNY)
Keith Hughes
Rodney Walker
Tony Scott
and lets even throw in for good measure:
John Karpis

Common denominator they are all the 6-8 6-9 PF type with the exception of Hines who was a 6-5 big body type. Lazor Sekunda and Hughes being the only ones who went on to do better things (on the court)
Jalen Carey, Kaleb Joseph. FWIW, Keith Hughes was blocked by Coleman, Stevie Thompson and Billy Owens. Went to Rutgers and was all-A-10 and I think A-10 Player of the Year as a senior.

He was kind of an earlier version of a Tyler Lydon kind of player, but Boeheim never really gave several of those guys (Lazor, Gillatt or Sekunda) a real chance. Those guys could have been good for us as juniors.

I hope that’s not true. That’s a grade school mentality—like taking advantage of the substitute teacher. Benny’s behavior should have been purposed toward, at the very least, two things: his own personal betterment, and furthering the team on which he played. A mature mind doesn’t need or want to go to/beyond the limit of a ‘good cop.’ What would be the point of that? See what you can get away with? Kids do that. At this age, that’s possibly a component of sociopathological narcissism. Benny may have a very, very strong career leading large numbers of people….
red coaches the fprwards?

yikes

thats not a good sign for his future, imo

His future is to be a urinal engineer.

Random question but has anyone heard about tension between Bell and Benny?

I was always oddjob and my brother was Jaws. He would shoot right over me. What an IDIOT!
I was Baron Samedi. Your brother never figured out how easy it was to get headshots against Oddjob?

I was Baron Samedi. Your brother never figured out how easy it was to get headshots against Oddjob?
No he was too busy worrying about his knee caps getting merked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom