Bernie Fine | Syracusefan.com

Bernie Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
Was there ever resolution on what really happened. Was talking w someone who loves Boeheim (BC guy) but said “his only stain is his handling of Bernie..”

is it fair to say the entire wpisode was a shakedown or has the full story never been released. Fact everything went quiet quickly tells me a lot but hard to tell that to someone from outside program.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that there is a plaque in the Melo Center with his and Lauries name on it.

From what I understand - The allegations were so strong that the school felt they had to get rid of him but there wasn't enough concrete material to make a case against him. I have no idea if he did what he was accused of. But I feel comfortable saying that after everything I heard, were I on the jury, I wouldn't have convicted him.

From what I understand - The allegations were so strong that the school felt they had to get rid of him but there wasn't enough concrete material to make a case against him. I have no idea if he did what he was accused of. But I feel comfortable saying that after everything I heard, were I on the jury, I wouldn't have convicted him.

that’s fair but didn’t the school settle w him for termination? If that is the case why would they do that if he wasn’t innocent of the grifters who shook him down? he also never spoke public of the situation. If someone’s reputation was dragged through the mud wouldn’t u try and speak out unless the school muzzled him...

I just want to know if Boeheim is in fact guilty of association and it’s fair to ding him for being loyal to Bernie for decades

Well, by definition - the allegations weren’t all that strong, if no case could be made against him.

Which means there never would have been a jury.

Given the close proximity of these allegations right after State Penn and Sandusky had (finally!) come to light, and the resulting media firestorm- the University felt they had to let him go.

Was Bernie Fine a closeted gay man?
Almost certainly.
Did he have an intimate relationship with one of his accusers?
Ditto.

Did that intimate relationship start while the accuser was underage?
We will never know.

IF there was sufficient proof that it did, Bernie would have been charged.

He wasn’t.

The FBI raided his home & office, siezed his computers, phone records, the works.
And after all of that, he was not charged with any crime.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that there is a plaque in the Melo Center with his and Lauries name on it.

When I first read your post I thought it said plague, not plaque. Weird moment.

all i need to know about ESPN's legitimate intentions were answered by the creepy Bernie mugshot they decided to use for this story which persisted on and off for several weeks. The one where his eyes were looking away at something and he had a sly grin.

Well, by definition - the allegations weren’t all that strong, if no case could be made against him.

Given the close proximity of these allegations right after State Penn and Sandusky had (finally!) come to light, and the resulting media firestorm- the University felt they had to let him go.

Almost certainly.
Ditto.

We will never know.

He wasn’t.

The FBI raided his home & office, siezed his computers, phone records, the works.
What an excellent summation!

I just want to know if Boeheim is in fact guilty of association and it’s fair to ding him for being loyal to Bernie for decades

I don't believe he is, and I don't think it's fair to ding him.

Though I have heard from those much closer to the situation than I am that there was some smoke to that fire, nothing I've heard leads me to believe that Boeheim did anything wrong or that any of Bernie's private behavior encroached on his professional life.

Innocent or guilty, the statute of limitations had expired.

I thought New York passed new laws on that? Claims from the 1970s have been popping back up in the old neighborhood with schools and a former Congressman.

I thought New York passed new laws on that? Claims from the 1970s have been popping back up in the old neighborhood with schools and a former Congressman.

If they did it wasnt in place at the time of the investigation. There were plenty of articles and pressers by the DA that said it had expired.

If they did it wasnt in place at the time of the investigation. There were plenty of articles and pressers by the DA that said it had expired.

It's like a this year thing. I can dig it up later.

I personally think this is why the program and JB received a disproportional penalty regarding things that happen everywhere. In particle the lost of 101 wins......

Almost certainly.
Ditto.

We will never know.

He wasn’t.

By allegation I meant what he had been accused of more than the likelihood that he was guilty. It's also worth pointing out that criminal court is going to have a higher standard of proof than an employer I was unaware they settled with him and was not commenting on whether the school was justified in terminating him.

Was the Fine Mess named in honor of Bernie? Honest question.

He wasn’t.

As others have suggested, at the time this situation came to light, it is likely that the statue of limitations had expired. Thus I don't believe the lack of a charge was conditional on "sufficient proof".

My hunch, that this all went away, with relative quiet from all parties involved, was telling.

Was there ever resolution on what really happened. Was talking w someone who loves Boeheim (BC guy) but said “his only stain is his handling of Bernie..”

is it fair to say the entire wpisode was a shakedown or has the full story never been released. Fact everything went quiet quickly tells me a lot but hard to tell that to someone from outside program.

Well, Bernie never went to jail. So I think you can start there.

I disagree that the evidence was "so strong".
I think the university overreacted because of bad press, and the frenzy surrounding the sexual abuse at Penn State.

We got smeared because ESPN didn't break the Penn State story and wanted one of their own.

I personally think this is why the program and JB received a disproportional penalty regarding things that happen everywhere. In particle the lost of 101 wins...

This is actually a very good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.