Best cover versions of a song | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best cover versions of a song

I will argue the exact opposite.
I loooove Bruce, but I have to agree on this one. The original sounds like a jam band playing behind Bruce's esoteric spoken word recitation. The cover rocks.

I loooove Bruce, but I have to agree on this one. The original sounds like a jam band playing behind Bruce's esoteric spoken word recitation. The cover rocks.
Manfred Mann's version is awful. Just plain awful.

I mean, we've had this thread before, and I mean, in the end, we all know its Watchtower. But this is pretty recent, and pretty neat.

Man, I wanted to like this, but this just shows how talented Kurt Cobain was.

Probably my favorite on here too. I loved the original, but the depth of feeling in this version and that driving piano just kills me. The video and the backstory about just losing June put it over the top.

One of the rare cases where the cover is somehow actually better than the original, which was also quite good.

Obviously, the above is totally just my subjective opinion.

The original by Bruce Springsteen is horrid?
Yes. Every Bruce song is horrid to me. Im not even saying I'm a fan of the song. But there is a reason one of them is a hit that is still played to death, and the other most people don't even know was originally done by Bruce.

Yes. Every Bruce song is horrid to me. Im not even saying I'm a fan of the song. But there is a reason one of them is a hit that is still played to death, and the other most people don't even know was originally done by Bruce.
Ho-kay...

I'm a big Phish fan, and they are very much known for covering all sorts of stuff

Of the long list, some favorites that often turn into cool jams
Crosseyed and Painless
Drowned
Loving Cup (less of a jam, but good show closer)

Fair enough. What makes this an awesome thread is that there are absolutely no wrong answers.

BTW, here's Bruce doing a cover of himself doing that song solo...

I went up to visit my brother at SUNY Oswego in 1975, and he had tickets for us to see a show in Laker Hall. He kept telling me I was gonna love it, and he was jacked about it. Went to see the show, which turned out to be Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band. I was 15 at the time, and I didn't really appreciate what I was watching, but I was amazed at the unbridled energy on the stage and in the audience. And he played for over three f***ing hours. That concert changed my view of music and kickstarted my love of live entertainment.

A lot of great choices so far. Love this version of a Stevie Nicks song

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom