Best four man - three point lineup next year???? | Syracusefan.com

Best four man - three point lineup next year????

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
I always ask myself this every year.
What do you think our best four man three point lineup will look like this year?

Mine is Cooney, CJ, BJ (he looks so mentally automatic when he is wide open) and Gbinije.

I like it. But I'm still confused on Silent G. I know we all think he will partner Ennis but nearly everyone outside of Syracuse thinks he is another weapon off the bench in the forward slot. He is way too talented to sit.

I like it. But I'm still confused on Silent G. I know we all think he will partner Ennis but nearly everyone outside of Syracuse thinks he is another weapon off the bench in the forward slot. He is way too talented to sit.

It's probably because a 6'6"-6'7" guy would be an automatic forward on most teams. With 4 other athletic players between 6'7"-6'9" as forwards, it only makes sense for him to play SG; especially, given our lack of depth at the guard spots and his reported ballhandling ability.

I always ask myself this every year.
What do you think our best four man three point lineup will look like this year?

Mine is Cooney, CJ, BJ (he looks so mentally automatic when he is wide open) and Gbinije.

What does "four man three point lineup" mean? I have no clue what you're referring to.

guard guard forward forward all on the floor together and can shoot the three.

What does "four man three point lineup" mean? I have no clue what you're referring to.

I think he meant what would be our best line up to drain 3's. He picked 4 players, because I dont think we have a 5 that can drop 3 pointers

oop, didnt see his response to your question, carry on

JB never lets centers shoot threes in his system the way he recruits athletically these days it would take a real real special shooter to do that. Not to mention taller three point shooters often take longer to develop a three point shot, and could be drafted on potential easier with a jumpshot.

We could probably name 4-5 notre dame centers alone that have taken more in game threes then all our centers combined over the years.

Cooney, BJ, CJ and Gbinije sounds right to me. Though Patterson, Ennis and even Grant might jump up on this list if they work on their outside shot over the summer.

Considering how bad a 3 point percentage MCW and Triche averaged last year and how inconsistent Southerland was, I think there's a very good chance we'll be a better overall outside shooting team this year. There's no one shooter the defense can key in on, but we have a ton of guys who I think can shoot a respectable 35-40 percent.

if dc2 can become a low post threat- having 4 shooters is not necessary as the spacing will allow for needing just a couple to allow for inside out play and driving lanes.

Cooney, BJ, CJ and Gbinije sounds right to me. Though Patterson, Ennis and even Grant might jump up on this list if they work on their outside shot over the summer.

Considering how bad a 3 point percentage MCW and Triche averaged last year and how inconsistent Southerland was, I think there's a very good chance we'll be a better overall outside shooting team this year. There's no one shooter the defense can key in on, but we have a ton of guys who I think can shoot a respectable 35-40 percent.

That would be a couple notches above respectable. In fact, only three Syracuse players have shot better than the high end of that for their career; all but 15 have shot worse than 35%.

After this season, we could be satisfied with a bunch of 32s and 33s.

Ennis, Bj, Fair, ...Grant?

Idk who feasibly could still be on the floor with those 3 assuming the playing time BJ gets this year would be at SG...Our forward position is too deep, Roberson and Christmas will eat up the minutes that Fair and Grant don't.

Me trying to decipher this thread title:
confused.jpg

In your list, don't forget about Mookie.

Oh wait...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom