Best I've felt after loss | Syracusefan.com

Best I've felt after loss

Someone turned off the TV with 20 seconds left and just saw the final score on ESPN, eh?

J/K...lots of positives. Good for you for staying positive! Wish I felt better.

in a long long time.

I HATE losing but for the first time I saw something tonight.
First time in a while that we've had a team go through growing pains this early in the season. I think that's what's messing a lot of us up; we've been coasting through pre-conference play ever since Donte Greene left.

Someone turned off the TV with 20 seconds left and just saw the final score on ESPN, eh?

J/K...lots of positives. Good for you for staying positive! Wish I felt better.
Nah there's lots of up and downs for sure. But we played away and hung in. We made shots and plays.

in a long long time.

I HATE losing but for the first time I saw something tonight.

Hats off to you. I am still trying to hope we are not in for a season full of Paul-Harris-final-minute-against-Pitt moments. We definitely had one tonight...

But I do agree, it was a huge positive to see them bow up when the lead got to 10 and get back into position to win the game.

Hats off to you. I am still trying to hope we are not in for a season full of Paul-Harris-final-minute-against-Pitt moments. We definitely had one tonight...

lol...that was the first person I thought of when McC threw the pass out of bounds.

HoustonCuse said:

Not unexpected.

Just tough to throw away a game we had a real chance to win.

But hopefully they learn from this. I think they will.

Secure a few more of those defensive rebounds and eliminate some of those godawful turnovers (ones SO bad we likely never see again) and we probably win. This is WAY better than a win over a cupcake.

I agree with the OP. That was a tough road game and we hung in there and made young mistakes at the end. The season will be up and down as everyone knows, but I am feeling optimistic. Go 'Cuse!

If the end of the game situation tonight happens in late February/early March then I'll be pretty upset. I don't think that will be the case, but you never know with freshman.

Frankly, Joseph had three turnovers tonight -- I thought he had more. Gbinije had more silly turnovers, but he made plays as well. I think that's the biggest difference between the two in this game. There are things to build on in this game -- and it gives a glimpse of what the team can do if they hit 33-35% of their threes.

I had visions of a game-winning shot...tough to be happy about this one.

There were signs we can shoot the 3 ball, we can move the ball, mike g can be a key player.. all things that really have been question marks. Rak and cmac have been the constants. Even though roberson missed them i liked his aggressiveness. He needs to go to the back boards vs spinning into defenders. BJ was overmatched on the wings this game and looked timid

Yes, this loss is a good thing. Now combined with the loss to Cal we will finally be able to win at the end of the season instead of at the beginning like Michigan St. :rolleyes:

I felt good about the team tonight as well. Looks like we have 5 guys who are starting to figure it out. All the guys down the stretch had good games. Only down side and it's a big one, were the turnovers. Good learning experience for Joseph, he will get better and better as he adjusts to the speed of the game. Also not getting much from the sophomores (Patterson, BJ, and Roberson). They have to start making some contributions in these kinds of games. Boeheim gave them all some run, but when game was on the line in second half he stayed with that final group.

I agree with AZ. But then again, great AZ minds think alike!!!
Also it was just a fun game to watch. The refs swallowed their whistles for the most part, and the game had a good flow, and was just a good game to watch.
And they did not fall for the "Duke" flop at the end.

Funny...this is the worst I've felt about a regular season loss in a long time...throwing away chances to win the game like that.
But maybe the pains are growing pains...as the team gels and the guys see what they need to do to win.

On the positive side...is there a player anywhere who has improved more than Rakeem Christmas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom