Best Jimmy B lines | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best Jimmy B lines

Michael Graham, in front of 19,000 people, punched my player.

“Michael Graham, in front of 19,000 people, punched my player,” Boeheim said. “And the ref had the nerve to call it a two-shot foul.”

Love these...

"I think freshmen are more ready today,” Boeheim told SI. “But I think as we go on, we're probably going to start to realize how special Carmelo really was.”

Boeheim on Carmelo Anthony: “Carmelo Anthony was the player of the year in college basketball last year in my mind and anybody that knows anything about basketball’s mind. You don’t lose those guys and expect to be as good. We’re going to have to work really hard just to get close. He did everything. There’s really virtually few, if any players I’ve ever seen in college basketball who have been able to shoot the three and rebound as well. He could pass the ball probably as well as any forward who’s ever played college basketball. He could handle the ball, make plays as well as any forward that we’ve ever had and any that I’ve ever seen. The reality of Carmelo Anthony is if he was voted Player of the Year in every poll, which he should have been, everybody would be talking about it a little differently. Just because you don’t get those votes doesn’t mean that you weren’t. He was, by far, the best player in college basketball. It wasn’t even close. Nobody was even close to him last year in college basketball. That’s the bottom line.

My favorite... when our game was cancelled at Rutgers because of snow and team found out when the bus pulled into the arena parking lot

" If this game was in Syracuse,not only would they have played it, but there would be 30,000 people there!"

"That's one more rebound than a dead man could get."

[asked about why Otis Hill played so well against Providence:] "Maybe he likes their uniforms or something."

[in response to being asked about something Rony Seikaly had griped about:] "Rony's always has a lot to say, but rarely is it worth paying attention to."

[in practice one time, when JB Reafsnyder dunked over Otis Hill, causing the team to go crazy in the middle of the scrimmage. JB gets annoyed after the carrying on lasts for about 10 seconds, and then blows his whistle:] "Settle down everybody! Congratulations, JB -- that's one dunk for you in your entire career, and 270 for the opposition when you're in the game! Now run it back!"

[this one isn't really a quote, but it was classic JB. On the Tonight Show after winning the national championship game, Leno asked him about whether Roy Williams was still the coach of Kansas, or would he go to UNC. JB sighed loudly, and looked down at his watch]

funniest stuff I've read in a long, long time.

This might be the winner.

Made me laugh out loud.

No, sorry dude, the JB Raef one was better. OMG, I'm still laughing at that one and I'm the second page of this thread.

"If my senior captain on the floor didn't think we needed a timeout, then I guess we didn't need a timeout."

Late 70's. Don't remember the details except that we lost and would have had a better shot if we'd called a timeout. Today's JB would have called one.

No, sorry dude, the JB Raef one was better. OMG, I'm still laughing at that one and I'm the second page of this thread.

That one was from back in the 90s, when practices were open at Manley. My father and I used to go up to watch early season practices ALL THE TIME back then, it was great [if you are into hoops and enjoy watching the team prior to the exhibition games].

Just to provide a little more background context to put things in perspective, JB snared the offensive rebound in mid air off of a missed shot, and threw down an uncharacteristically savage two handed jam. Otis tried to go up to challenge / block the shot, but got knocked down and slid out of bounds. That's why the team went bonkers.

That reaction is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen Boeheim say or do. Hilarious! It was even funnier because he wasn't trying to be funny, he was annoyed.

Anyone know about the time JB compared Bobby Lazor to Glenn Sekunda?

That one was from back in the 90s, when practices were open at Manley. My father and I used to go up to watch early season practices ALL THE TIME back then, it was great [if you are into hoops and enjoy watching the team prior to the exhibition games].

Just to provide a little more background context to put things in perspective, JB snared the offensive rebound in mid air off of a missed shot, and threw down an uncharacteristically savage two handed jam. Otis tried to go up to challenge / block the shot, but got knocked down and slid out of bounds. That's why the team went bonkers.

That reaction is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen Boeheim say or do. Hilarious! It was even funnier because he wasn't trying to be funny, he was annoyed.

I read through this post too quickly and for a split second pictured JB=Jim Boeheim throwing down a savage two handed jam. Uncharacteristic indeed.

I'm very happy to now have that image in my head forever

I read through this post too quickly and for a split second pictured JB=Jim Boeheim throwing down a savage two handed jam. Uncharacteristic indeed.

I'm very happy to now have that image in my head forever
I did too. I was like whose guarding him...Fran dunphy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom