Best music to sleep to... | Syracusefan.com

Best music to sleep to...

A few glasses of Merlot helps quite a bit also.
image.jpg

Personally when I'm trying to sleep, I prefer listening to The Sounds of Silence.

Enya

How can you (meaning me) sleep when all you (meaning me) can think is "I HATE this...(word that I apparently can't print, even though I used an asterisk in a four-letter word that means fecal excrement)"?

Rhetorical question. You (meaning me) can't.

I can fall asleep listening to anything, no matter how loud or up-tempo, as long as it is good. The summer after my freshmen year of college, I ended every night with The Dark Side of the Moon. I rarely made it through the first verse of "Us and Them."

I love falling asleep to music. I always did when I was single. Now that I am married, it is no longer an option, but the positives of sharing a bed with someone make up for the loss.

Rain and the sound of a fan.

You know what? When I grew up in cowtown NY we had a tin roof. The most soothing sound (other than sleeping next to a waterfall) is the sound of a hard steady spring rain on a tin roof. The epitome of calming white noise.

It really is the water I miss the most here in California. Which is odd since I am 5 miles from an Ocean.

That said I used to go to sleep with Metallica or Slayer or Megadeth or Mercyful Fate etc. blaring in H.S., then the Dead at ESF, I can always pass out to a Jerry space jam and lose myself in time until my eyes reopen.

Now in DTLA I have two fans on to drown out traffic, bum fights in the alley, the semi-frequent sirens and occasional circling helomochopper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom