Best Night Ever! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best Night Ever!

Doesn't surprise me to read this about HCSS and Moten. My interactions with both have confirmed that they are good people. Awesome recap of what sounds like a great experience.

That would be refundant with free boozer. God damnit mailman.

Well I think he needed to stop at chucks and grab a 3.50 pitcher...

I saw Danny Schayes and John Wallace at the game too. Lots of former SU players were at the game. Fun to see.

And Jordan and I got to meet you and Mr. Cheriehoop. Always great to see Orangeyes, too. My daughter really needed the night out after a rough day at OCC, and this was the first time she got to sit in the lower level. Great seats, thanks to Zippy. Jordan got a picture with Otto, which I will post later.

I had the great chance to sit courtside for this game with my dad, thanks to the most generous woman on this board, and that I've ever met. Joyce, I cant explain how awesome it was, and I cant thank you enough.

Senor Troop, glad you had a great time. It's always good to hear about yet another lucky person whose life has been improved through the works of Saint Joyce. This reminded me a lot of the great story I was able to tell about this past year's Final Four experience, thanks to her. And then there was that time that she gave me her Spike Lee seat for the huge victory over Louisville on Feb. 18, 2006. Oh, and the rosary blessed by the Pope when my wife was hospitalized with a terrifying illness. And what have I done to thank her? Get her lost on the way out to Augusta.

This is just scratching the surface of her life's accomplishments and benevolence. Joyce, you are a true and profound marvel.

Last edited:
I saw Danny Schayes and John Wallace at the game too. Lots of former SU players were at the game. Fun to see.

That's where I saw Orangeyes, He was telling me about Danny (Little bit before my time) and I just had to go to the bathroom so bad, I had to run off lol.

We saw John Wallace as we were leaving. He had a ton of kids running up for pictures, so I let them pile in, I didn't want to be greedy lol

You hit any bars in your pregame??

No, lol.

The night before, I had about 10 dreams about either being late, or missing the game. We weren't taking any chances lol.

My dad shot me a text around 10am yesterday that said he was going hunting... I had to put a stop to that real quick.. My dad is known for being late to everything. I didn't need him in the woods chasing down deer 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave lol

I'm formally inspired. Bear with me. My dad is a '62 grad and I'm a '91 grad. And neither of us have been back since '91. 5 years ago he retired back to his home country in Latvia - after living in America for 60 years. He and my grandparents had to flee from the Russians at the end of WWII. He served in the army, used the GI bill to go to Syracuse and then was a professor at Univ of Delaware for over 40 years.

I see him once a year - he just left after a week long visit over Thanksgiving. We watched every game of the Maui Classic together. And yelled together at the screen during the BC football game. And spent ample time indoctrinating my 6 year old boy into all things Orange.

Cuse Troop - you have thrown down the gauntlet. My dad is 79 so there's not much time. I'm going to make it a mission to get the three generations together for a game. Likely football as that's closest to his heart given when he was on the Hill.

Your story made my day.

I'm formally inspired. Bear with me. My dad is a '62 grad and I'm a '91 grad. And neither of us have been back since '91. 5 years ago he retired back to his home country in Latvia - after living in America for 60 years. He and my grandparents had to flee from the Russians at the end of WWII. He served in the army, used the GI bill to go to Syracuse and then was a professor at Univ of Delaware for over 40 years.

I see him once a year - he just left after a week long visit over Thanksgiving. We watched every game of the Maui Classic together. And yelled together at the screen during the BC football game. And spent ample time indoctrinating my 6 year old boy into all things Orange.

Cuse Troop - you have thrown down the gauntlet. My dad is 79 so there's not much time. I'm going to make it a mission to get the three generations together for a game. Likely football as that's closest to his heart given when he was on the Hill.

Your story made my day.
Me as well. I haven't been back to Syracuse since the early 70s. I need to take my girls back... all 5 of them.

Your story made my day.

Great post!

Your story made my day.
Me as well. I haven't been back to Syracuse since the early 70s. I need to take my girls back... all 5 of them.

Do it up!!!

I live a couple hours away but still take for granted that I can go to a game anytime I want to. I guess we don't always realize the importance of this forum and its far reaching tentacles. Orange Nation lives on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom