Best place to get a sandwich!!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Best place to get a sandwich!!!!

Best Place To Get A Sandwich?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sammy Malone's in Baldwinsville has a really really good Roast Beef Sandwhich. I actually like them better than Clark's.

Leigh and Steigerwald's German Ring Baloney sandwich on Rye bread with their house deli mustard is killer.

Syracuse Subs/sandwiches are decent but my alltime favorites are the Steak Bomber from Campi's in Rochester, The Royal Sub from Buffalo, and a hot Pastrami sandwich from Primanti brothers in Pittsburgh

The Garcia at Downtown Deli in Auburn

Roast Beef at Lakehouse Pub in Skaneateles

Can't go wrong with either, ever.

The Cheeseburger Sub from Oswego and Empire Sub Shop. I love this sandwich more than my wife, son, SU football and SU basketball combined. OK I'm exaggerating, but not by much.

View attachment 30153

I don't get the love for that mess at all.

jim's steakout after 20 drinks

i'm on the quest for the perfect cuban sandwich. i wish i had known about it the week we spent in miami for the orange bowl. we were pretty much on a liquid diet, i don't remember eating. i do remember that chip is the worst travel advisor in the world and booked us at a hostel called the Banana Bungalo. make of that what you will.

I didn't see "your wife" as an option, so I selected other.

I don't get the love for that mess at all.

Did you eat it in the restaurant or take it to go? Because it has to be eaten immediately, it gets soggy after 10-15 minutes.

There was a time in my life where a drunk Artemis on westcott street was better than any sorority girl begging me to take her home.

Since someone already said Lost Dog, I'll go with The Italian Store in Arlington, VA. Best meatball sub on this or any other Earth.

The place by the Giant? Bruhhhhh. The best.

CarolinaCuse said:
Lost Dog Cafe in NoVa.
across the street from me. Solid sandwiches. Tough menu to remember though.

across the street from me. Solid sandwiches. Tough menu to remember though.

I have remembered the only things I need to remember... El Bandito and the Irish Gyro. Wash it down with a Devil's Backbone Schwartz Bier. Happiness.

years ago danzers would have gotten the vote. waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, when they were on the northside, they were the originator of the huge sandwich!!

years ago danzers would have gotten the vote. waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, when they were on the northside, they were the originator of the huge sandwich!!
Home of the Hamlet but they have had some problems with being clean and with their waitresses. They have gone way downhill unfortunately

Stern said:
I really wonder how they are doing in Liverpool these days. When they first opened the line was out the door around the clock. I drive by now a lot and I see no cars in the parking lot. I know they were having a lot of issues with orders and getting them right. A friend of mine got an order for delivery and it took them 2 hours (yes 2 hours) to bring it to his house on a Sunday afternoon. He called multiple times and each time they said it was "on the way." I know someone else who works near there and he gets orders for delivery all the time and they always bring him the wrong sandwich or they forget something. Just a total mess. Their sandwiches are very good but a lot of issues I think they are having with that location.

Gotta be honest I agree with Stern, I went to empire sub shop there about 6 months ago it was pretty good but it was pricey for what felt like no meat on the sandwich. We ate in but it still took quite awhile to get our sandwich. Here's hoping they pull their act together.

Gotta be honest I agree with Stern, I went to empire sub shop there about 6 months ago it was pretty good but it was pricey for what felt like no meat on the sandwich. We ate in but it still took quite awhile to get our sandwich. Here's hoping they pull their act together.

If you want to try the real deal, go to the one on W. Bridge St. in Oswego. I admit it tastes the best when you're falling down drunk but it's still pretty damn good sober.

Marino's union st. saratoga
Not sure how long they have been in business but I lived in Saratoga for 8 years and still only live less than 20 minutes away and I have never heard of this place. I had to google it. That's strange since I thought I knew all the places. I'll have to check it out.

Not sure how long they have been in business but I lived in Saratoga for 8 years and still only live less than 20 minutes away and I have never heard of this place. I had to google it. That's strange since I thought I knew all the places. I'll have to check it out.
first place we go every time we take food to the track.

Not particularly helpful for Central New Yorkers, but the best sandwiches are at Nardelli's. Originally in Waterbury and Naugatuck, CT, they now appear to have branched out a bit.

http://www.nardellis.com/locations.html

The roast beef grinder (been living in NY too long because I almost called it a "hero") with everything is the best sandwich in the world.

The Royal at Angotti's on Burnett.
Duskee Burger in the heart of downtown Phoenix, NY.
Beef on Weck, Laughlins, Buffalo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom