Best place to get a sandwich!!!! | Syracusefan.com

Best place to get a sandwich!!!!

Best Place To Get A Sandwich?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

44oranges

Walk On
-4195fec59d686a70.JPG

Darwin, Tusk, 317, Street Eats, Lombardi's, Ky Duyen. Maybe Joe's Deli.

Aside from the name recognition, Brooklyn Pickle doesn't stand out from any of Syracuse's average sandwich shops. Generic cold cuts, same soft New York Bakery bread.

I always loved Brooklyn Pickle. Although my favorite sandwich ever was the Faegan Burger, which they decided to stop selling for some strange reason in the time since I left.

Brooklyn Pickle is and always has been a great sandwich.

Brag Burger. Eat two and they buy the third. Of course, they're long closed...

Since someone already said Lost Dog, I'll go with The Italian Store in Arlington, VA. Best meatball sub on this or any other Earth.

The Cheeseburger Sub from Oswego and Empire Sub Shop. I love this sandwich more than my wife, son, SU football and SU basketball combined. OK I'm exaggerating, but not by much.

View attachment 30153
I really wonder how they are doing in Liverpool these days. When they first opened the line was out the door around the clock. I drive by now a lot and I see no cars in the parking lot. I know they were having a lot of issues with orders and getting them right. A friend of mine got an order for delivery and it took them 2 hours (yes 2 hours) to bring it to his house on a Sunday afternoon. He called multiple times and each time they said it was "on the way." I know someone else who works near there and he gets orders for delivery all the time and they always bring him the wrong sandwich or they forget something. Just a total mess. Their sandwiches are very good but a lot of issues I think they are having with that location.

Chips Deli in Southwood made great sandwiches but they are now Liberty Pizza and are not as good. Cases and Kegs made a great sub too.

I really wonder how they are doing in Liverpool these days. When they first opened the line was out the door around the clock. I drive by now a lot and I see no cars in the parking lot. I know they were having a lot of issues with orders and getting them right. A friend of mine got an order for delivery and it took them 2 hours (yes 2 hours) to bring it to his house on a Sunday afternoon. He called multiple times and each time they said it was "on the way." I know someone else who works near there and he gets orders for delivery all the time and they always bring him the wrong sandwich or they forget something. Just a total mess. Their sandwiches are very good but a lot of issues I think they are having with that location.

I agree with you that the service in the new place (Empire Sub Shop) is a tad slow, but honestly, I would sit and patiently wait an hour for that sandwich. It's my single favorite thing to eat on the face of the Earth.

Empire sub shops serves a sloppy, lazy, pile of meat and bread with other stuff.

Perhaps it was just a bad 1st impression on me, but my ex girlfriend and I each ordered an al roker. Turkey lettuce tomato mayo and red peppers. Took forever. Bread was falling apart as the sub was poorly assembled. Maybe they just had a bad staff on that night (the one in Liverpool)

Since someone already said Lost Dog, I'll go with The Italian Store in Arlington, VA. Best meatball sub on this or any other Earth.

And that might not even be the best sandwich they make. (Also, Vace is better.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom