Best thing about todays game were the 4th down calls | Syracusefan.com

Best thing about todays game were the 4th down calls

Alsacs

Living Legend
Winning was going to be extremely difficult today but SS really did well with his decisions today. Punting last week vs. CMU on 4th and 1 and late last year vs. Pitt and BC really ticked me off. This week he was aggressive and the kids fed off that.
I liked the decisions and they will get the team's confidence up in the future. SS needs to continue with the aggressive decisions.

Winning was going to be extremely difficult today but SS really did well with his decisions today. Punting last week vs. CMU on 4th and 1 and late last year vs. Pitt and BC really ticked me off. This week he was aggressive and the kids fed off that.
I liked the decisions and they will get the team's confidence up in the future. SS needs to continue with the aggressive decisions.

Very happy with Shafer's aggressiveness today. There honestly wasn't any decision I would have done differently as far as 4th downs

i hope its because someday we trust the offense to make it the and defense to save it when we dont and stops being only done because we have no shot if we dont try it.

kirbivore said:
It was a product of nothing to lose. Let's see if he goes back into his shell at USF or UVA

Yeah, I'm curious see if it carries over. One the one hand, perhaps he was emboldened by that "nothing to lose" mentality. At the same time, he easily could have played things conservatively in an effort to just keep the score down.

You hope it's a sign of having more confidence in his O and will continue.

I think it's more b/c we were big underdogs. I believe he did the same against FSU a couple of years ago.

It was a product of nothing to lose. Let's see if he goes back into his shell at USF or UVA

Its easy to go for it when you are 24 point dogs, and don't have a thing in the world to lose, lets hope he learned from the CMU game, and gets more aggressive this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom