BET Projections Vol 12.0 | Syracusefan.com

BET Projections Vol 12.0

Marsh01

Living Legend
Georgetown moves into third place (they would win the tiebreaker for the 3 seed over ND by beating them tonight). ND has clinched a double bye but Georgetown needs to win against Marquette (so the analysts say that did the game).

FIRST ROUND - TUESDAY MARCH 6TH

AFTERNOON SESSION
#9 UCONN VS. #16 DEPAUL (NOON - ESPN2)
#12 RUTGERS VS. #13 PITTSBURGH (2:30 ESPN2)

NIGHT SESSION
#10 WEST VIRGINIA VS. #15 PROVIDENCE (7:00 ESPNU)
#11 ST. JOHNS VS. #14 VILLANOVA (9:30 ESPNU)

AFTERNOON SESSION
#9 UCONN - #16 DEPAUL WINNER VS. #8 SETON HALL (NOON ESPN)
#12 RUTGERS- #13 PITTSBURGH WINNER VS. #5 SOUTH FLORIDA(2:30 ESPN)

NIGHT SESSION
#10 WEST VIRGINIA - #15 PROVIDENCE WINNER VS. #7 LOUISVILLE (7:00 ESPN)
#11 ST. JOHNS - #14 VILLANOVA WINNER VS. #6 CINCINNATI (9:30 ESPN)

QUARTERFINALS - THURSDAY MARCH 8TH

AFTERNOON SESSION
#9 UCONN - #16 DEPAUL - #8 SETON HALL WINNER VS. #1 SYRACUSE (NOON ESPN)
#12 RUTGERS - #13 PITTSBURGH- #5 SOUTH FLORIDA VS. #4 NOTRE DAME (2:30 ESPN)

NIGHT SESSION
#10 WEST VIRGINIA - #15 PROVIDENCE - #7 LOUISVILLE WINNER VS #2 MARQUETTE (7:00 ESPN)
#11 ST. JOHNS- # 14 VILLANOVA - #6 CINCINNATI WINNER VS. #3 GEORGETOWN (9:30 ESPN)

This week’s games in conference:

Tuesday
DePaul @ West Virginia (7:00)
Uconn @ Providence (7:00)

Wednesday
Marquette @ Cincinnati (7:00)
USF @ Louisville (7:00)
St. Johns @ Pittsburgh (7:00)

Thursday
Villanova @ Rutgers (9:00)

Friday
Providence @ Notre Dame (9:00)

Saturday
West Virginia @ USF (Noon)
Pittsburgh @ Uconn (Noon)
Cincinnati @ Villanova (2:00)
Georgetown @ Marquette (2:00)
Louisville @ Syracuse (4:00)
Seton Hall @ DePaul (6:00)
St. Johns @ Rutgers (8:00)

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

1. SYRACUSE 16-1
2. MARQUETTE 13-3
3. GEORGETOWN 12-5
4. NOTRE DAME 12-5 DOUBLE BYE INTO THURSDAYS QUARTERFINALS

5. SOUTH FLORIDA 11-5
6. CINCINNATI 10-6
7. LOUISVILLE 10-6
8. SETON HALL 8-9 SINGLE BYE INTO WEDNESDAYS ROUND

9. UCONN 7-9
10. WEST VIRGINIA 7-9
11.ST. JOHNS 6-10
12. RUTGERS 5-11
13. PITTSBURGH 4-12
14. VILLANOVA 4-12
15. PROVIDENCE 3-13
16. DEPAUL 2-14

Really really don't want to see a desperate UConn team for what would be our third meeting in our first game of the BET. I hope they lose out and fall to 10th place.

Really really don't want to see a desperate UConn team for what would be our third meeting in our first game of the BET. I hope they lose out and fall to 10th place.

Beating UCONN three times would be very difficult. Doesn't anybody in Providence see that the double buy is a bad deal for the top teams in the conference? It's been proven you can win 5 games in five nights and still win the antional title. By "saving" the top teams you are ensuring that they will be playing a good team in their opener, one that has already won a game or two in the tournament. The top seeds are only 7-5 in the three years since this started and the #1 seed has lost the last two times.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket/_/id/55/2011-big-east-tournament

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket/_/id/5/2010-big-east-tournament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Big_East_Men's_Basketball_Tournament

What has to happen to get UConn out of the 8-9 spots to either a 7 or 10 and get them the hell out of our bracket? Don't want to see them in the Thurs quarterfinal.

What has to happen to get UConn out of the 8-9 spots to either a 7 or 10 and get them the hell out of our bracket? Don't want to see them in the Thurs quarterfinal.
Finish one game behind WVU. Uconn is pretty much locked into the 8-9-10 spot yet hold the tiebreaker in a head to head with WVU.

Crimpys ... I do not want to play UConn for a 3rd time this year!!

Thanks for putting these together. Holy crap...hard to see how we don't end up with UConn in the Thursday quarterfinal. That's terrible! What a reward for being the top seed. They probably have more talent than anyone but us.

Thanks for putting these together. Holy crap...hard to see how we don't end up with UConn in the Thursday quarterfinal. That's terrible! What a reward for being the top seed. They probably have more talent than anyone but us.
No problem. Par for the course given the #1 seeds success the past 2 years. Just going to have to buck that trend!

Providence has kinda owned UConn recently, and with that game in Providence I believe they will play UConn really tough and beat them. If PC beats UConn then WVU will finish ahead of them if they beat USF. The WVU@USF game assuming UConn loses 1 game will determine if we get WVU-SHU, or UConn-SHU in the quarterfinals.

Amazing - if this prediction holds, we get either Seton Hall or UConn, while the 4th seed Georgetown would get the Rutgers/Pitt/USF winner. Oh Lord

I guess we have to remember that whomever emerges will have to play us.

seems like the 3rd and 4th seeded teams have easier play than does #1 ..I would take Georgetown or ND groupings before what we get...

As mentioned, beating Uconn a third time will be very difficult. Same as back in '10 when we had beaten G'town twice during the season and faced them in the quarters, also at noon...none of us need to be reminded of how that turned out.

What kind of attitude is this? Uconn? I would love to beat their ass for a 3rd time in the course of 3 weeks. Send the little puppies home with their legs between their tails once and for all. The tournament is meaningless and a win or loss is meaningless long term. In fact, Arinze's injury still gives me nightmares, so who cares if we lose. Let's play the biggest name teams and beat their asses, and if we lose, so what? We have a #1 seed. Who the hell wants to play bush league teams like USF or Seton Hall or Marquette? Give me Uconn, Georgetown and whatever former CUSA team in the finals! 5-0 vs G'town and Uconn sounds pretty damn good to me!

What kind of attitude is this? Uconn? I would love to beat their ass for a 3rd time in the course of 3 weeks. Send the little puppies home with their legs between their tails once and for all. The tournament is meaningless and a win or loss is meaningless long term. In fact, Arinze's injury still gives me nightmares, so who cares if we lose. Let's play the biggest name teams and beat their asses, and if we lose, so what? We have a #1 seed. Who the hell wants to play bush league teams like USF or Seton Hall or Marquette? Give me Uconn, Georgetown and whatever former CUSA team in the finals! 5-0 vs G'town and Uconn sounds pretty damn good to me!

This is the spirit. If we are as good as we appear to be, and as many believe we are, we need to be willing to play anyone, anywhere, and at anytime. That's the attitude and swagger of a champion. Teams that are not make excuses, dodge certain opponents, and snivel if they don't have everything their way.

Go Cuse.

This is the spirit. If we are as good as we appear to be, and as many believe we are, we need to be willing to play anyone, anywhere, and at anytime. That's the attitude and swagger of a champion. Teams that are not make excuses, dodge certain opponents, and snivel if they don't have everything their way.

Go Cuse.
Yeah, I felt a little like John Belushi in Animal House, but it is the truth. I don't particularly care to play a CUSA schedule. I want to play the best teams and the biggest names and end their hopes and dreams on our way to the ACC. Once thed real tournament begins, I don't care who is in our bracket and I don't care if our entire region is chalk. Bring it on!!!

Beating UCONN three times would be very difficult. Doesn't anybody in Providence see that the double buy is a bad deal for the top teams in the conference? It's been proven you can win 5 games in five nights and still win the antional title. By "saving" the top teams you are ensuring that they will be playing a good team in their opener, one that has already won a game or two in the tournament. The top seeds are only 7-5 in the three years since this started and the #1 seed has lost the last two times.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket/_/id/55/2011-big-east-tournament

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket/_/id/5/2010-big-east-tournament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Big_East_Men's_Basketball_Tournament

Five games in 5 days means fatigue and opportunities for injury. I'd rather play 3.

Hey SeattleCuse. That represents the "afraid we'll lose" rather than "bring em on" mentality. Where's your swagger?

Here is in the Coaches Preseason Rankings. They really messed up Connecticut, Pitt, Notre Dame and Georgetown.
1. Connecticut (7) 209
1. Syracuse (5) 209
3. Louisville (3) 201
4. Pittsburgh (1) 188
5. Cincinnati 169
6. Marquette 155
7. West Virginia 132
8. Villanova 127
9. Notre Dame 114
10. Georgetown 104
11. Rutgers 75
12. St. John's 71
13. Seton Hall 56
14. USF 43
15. Providence 40
16. DePaul 27

Why? They aren't going to be any more desparate than they were Saturday night. They put EVERYTHING they had into that game. They thought they needed it. Also, remember, when SU won the title in 2003, they beat Georgetown three times in one season and many said that would be difficult. So let's do that this year, beat our other rival three times one season.

Here is in the Coaches Preseason Rankings. They really messed up Connecticut, Pitt, Notre Dame and Georgetown.
1. Connecticut (7) 209
1. Syracuse (5) 209
3. Louisville (3) 201
4. Pittsburgh (1) 188
5. Cincinnati 169
6. Marquette 155
7. West Virginia 132
8. Villanova 127
9. Notre Dame 114
10. Georgetown 104
11. Rutgers 75
12. St. John's 71
13. Seton Hall 56
14. USF 43
15. Providence 40
16. DePaul 27
and USF

It is stunning to look at the current standings and see 5-11 Rutgers a full game ahead of both Pitt and Nova. Stunning.

Syracuse fans better be prepared for Syracuse-Uconn III unless Seton Hall knocks them off in Wednesdays game.

I'm fine with UConn III. This is our victory tour of sorts as we leave the Big East. It's going to be a two-year tour but this is where it starts. The team and coach know the right time to peak so I look for a great run through the tournaments. The first half of the UConn game on Saturday was a preview of how the team will finish THIS glorious season. Marquette or Notre Dame in the BET finals will be a bigger challenge but a few images of the Buzz Dance and/or the final score of our first meeting with ND should be enough to inspire both sets of our starters. LGO!!!

I'm fine with UConn III. This is our victory tour of sorts as we leave the Big East. It's going to be a two-year tour but this is where it starts. The team and coach know the right time to peak so I look for a great run through the tournaments. The first half of the UConn game on Saturday was a preview of how the team will finish THIS glorious season. Marquette or Notre Dame in the BET finals will be a bigger challenge but a few images of the Buzz Dance and/or the final score of our first meeting with ND should be enough to inspire both sets of our starters. LGO!!!

I agree. I would love to see tem a third time. Aside from last year we really have owned them in the BET the past 5-6 years. Plus after two years ago when we were in the same position and lost I think we will come out pretty focused in the Thursday game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom