Better Served with Louisville - Easy Decision | Syracusefan.com

Better Served with Louisville - Easy Decision

chakka3421

All Conference
Why?
1. Borders Virginia if my geography is correct - closer to NC, SC and FL than SU in NY.
2. Football and Basketball programs are currently ranked and strong every year
3. Excellent facilities and fan support
4. Seen as upgrade versus losing MD
5. UConn just lost its HC in BBall, football program in shambles.

Easy decision.

US News has Louisville as #160 and UConn #63. I don't think it's going to happen.

US News has Louisville as #160 and UConn #63. I don't think it's going to happen.

If the leaders of our conference are at all concerned with one of our members being bad academically, we don't have a prayer (or a clue). This is now about self preservation. Academics take a back seat. And for the record, FSU is in our conference. Not exactly Princeton, is it? Louisville is obvious if there is any chance of keeping the football schools from bouncing.

If the leaders of our conference are at all concerned with one of our members being bad academically, we don't have a prayer (or a clue). This is now about self preservation. Academics take a back seat. And for the record, FSU is in our conference. Not exactly Princeton, is it? Louisville is obvious if there is any chance of keeping the football schools from bouncing.

Agree and FSU is #97 but a lot of people here have more faith in Swofford than I do.

If FSU and Clemson really wanted to bounce, inviting Louisville won't make a difference.

There is some speculation of Texas and Oklahoma to the ACC (I still see them as PAC 12, but that is out there). The ACC really needs the Big 12 to fold to ensure the ACC is one of the four elite conferences.

I still cannot fathom the reality of Maryland and Rutgers bringing more than Syracuse. Even if you cut off NYC, upstate NY has as many households as NJ and they follow Syracuse and care about sports as opposed to Rutgers. Maryland has far less homes than upstate NY.

Hopefully, there are bigger things in the works than what is presently known.

If FSU and Clemson really wanted to bounce, inviting Louisville won't make a difference.

Then why wouldn't they have already left? Maryland is not exactly a lynch pin.

Possible and just looking for any excuse to leave but also there is a lot of disdain for Swofford by both schools.

Louisville will probably be out the door within 5 years if the ACC brings them aboard. UConn I believe would have fewer options.

I say UConn.

Because the Big XII hasn't invited them yet.

If the Big 12 added those two schools imo they would have the best football conference in the nation. You'd need a playoff because you wouldn't go undefeated.

Why?
1. Borders Virginia if my geography is correct - closer to NC, SC and FL than SU in NY.

Easy decision.
Is it? Don't convince yourself so easily. I'm not arguing against you and I didn't exactly research every one of these points to the finer print. So if I'm wrong then so be it but....

UCONN BB > MD BB (this is a plus for the BB schools)

UCONN has a much higher academic ranking than UL, very important for the ACC. With the B10 taking Maryland and Rutgers then I believe they are all of about 1-2 points behind the ACC. I don't think the ACC wants to be considered 2nd place to the B10 in academics.

UCONN football beat MD this year so it's not like there is some major downgrade in FB.

UCONN has about the same TV demographics as MD I would think, dense population in a small area.

UCONN gives SU and BC a natural geographic rival.

With the B10 now taking a chunk of NYC media rights with Rutgers, wouldn't it make sense to lock up the rest of that area now with UCONN and CUSE?

Louisville will probably be out the door within 5 years if the ACC brings them aboard. UConn I believe would have fewer options.

I say UConn.
What does this mean? Where are they going?

Is it? Don't convince yourself so easily. I'm not arguing against you and I didn't exactly research every one of these points to the finer print. So if I'm wrong then so be it but....

UCONN BB > MD BB (this is a plus for the BB schools)

UCONN has a much higher academic ranking than UL, very important for the ACC. With the B10 taking Maryland and Rutgers then I believe they are all of about 1-2 points behind the ACC. I don't think the ACC wants to be considered 2nd place to the B10 in academics.

UCONN football beat MD this year so it's not like there is some major downgrade in FB.

UCONN has about the same TV demographics as MD I would think, dense population in a small area.

UCONN gives SU and BC a natural geographic rival.

With the B10 now taking a chunk of NYC media rights with Rutgers, wouldn't it make sense to lock up the rest of that area now with UCONN and CUSE?
No one thinks of UConn as a football school. I have no inside info, but if FSU/Clem want a 'football' school as has been reported, L'ville is the first choice. Has to be.

Did they think of MD as a football school? Again not arguing just trying to understand. I realize UL would be upgrading the football but at the expense of downgrading academics. UCONN is a state university in a densely populated area, UL is still considered a commuter school isn't it? So if UCONN is at least equal to MD, then why would the power football players in the ACC really even care? Is this just an assumption that the FSU/Clemson are demanding the best FB team available? Or is there reports stating such. This is all happening so fast it's hard to keep up, maybe I'm missing something.

Did they think of MD as a football school? Again not arguing just trying to understand. I realize UL would be upgrading the football but at the expense of downgrading academics. UCONN is a state university in a densely populated area, UL is still considered a commuter school isn't it? So if UCONN is at least equal to MD, then why would the power football players in the ACC really even care? Is this just an assumption that the FSU/Clemson are demanding the best FB team available? Or is there reports stating such. This is all happening so fast it's hard to keep up, maybe I'm missing something.

Because they were annoyed when the ACC picked SU and Pitt who most sadly consider hoops schools.

The demand for the best FB school possible was reported by a poster on this board who has a relative high up in the administration of an ACC school. I am sure they are looking at both L'ville and UConn. I just think, to appease FSU/Clem, they will hold their nose and invite L'ville. I could be wrong. Just my opinion based on what I hear and read.

Why?

Easy decision.
And Rick says so...
Sheriff50@UofLSheriff50
Pitino: if I was the ACC I would jump at Louisville

The demand for the best FB school possible was reported by a poster on this board who has a relative high up in the administration of an ACC school. I am sure they are looking at both L'ville and UConn. I just think, to appease FSU/Clem, they will hold their nose and invite L'ville. I could be wrong. Just my opinion based on what I hear and read.
Thanks, good to know.

Destablize B12 and go after in descending order:

1. Texas (not likely)
2. Texas & Okie (not likely)
3. West Virginia (if Louisville is under serious consideration - then why not?)