Beyond the fact the referees were brutal why wasn't Dungey allowed back in after the timeout? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Beyond the fact the referees were brutal why wasn't Dungey allowed back in after the timeout?

We were lucky Dungey wasn't ejected for attempting to rip the LSU player's head off following his pick-6 on the 1st play. This hasn't been discussed much on the board, & he seems like a great kid off the field but, as with almost anything on any team's board, had an opposing player made the EXACT same play on one of our guys, this board would be in full riot mode & many would be calling for a suspension & possibly assault charges. Do I think there was intent to injure? No. Do I think he lost his cool & made a dirty play? Yes. & it's not the 1st time...

Facemasks happen all the time. Even intentional ones. It's a penalty.

In the 4th Qtr an SU WR (I can't recall who) got his helmet ripped off his head by one LSU player while another LSU player tackled him. Our WR came out of the game as he had to, but no penalty was called for it. I get why Dungey was called on a penalty for his TD saving decapitation but how did that 4th qtr helmet decapitation not get a penalty too? Is it really within the rules to pull a helmet off someone's head if they're not defenseless? That doesn't seem possible.

In the 4th Qtr an SU WR (I can't recall who) got his helmet ripped off his head by one LSU player while another LSU player tackled him. Our WR came out of the game as he had to, but no penalty was called for it. I get why Dungey was called on a penalty for his TD saving decapitation but how did that 4th qtr helmet decapitation not get a penalty too? Is it really within the rules to pull a helmet off someone's head if they're not defenseless? That doesn't seem possible.
Yup, it was Nykiem Johnson. Couldn't believe there was no flag.

I've watched the majority of all four games we have played. I could be totally biased (and I am), but I don't think we've had one game where we've gotten the benefit of the doubt on any calls.

Welcome to the ACC.

The announcers were making it sound like we kept him out for a play to make sure he was ok.

I've watched the majority of all four games we have played. I could be totally biased (and I am), but I don't think we've had one game where we've gotten the benefit of the doubt on any calls.

Welcome to the ACC.
I'm pretty sure that last night was the first time this year that SU had an ACC officiating team. Usually the visiting team gets the referees from their conference.

I was just going to mention this.

I'm pretty sure that last night was the first time this year that SU had an ACC officiating team. Usually the visiting team gets the referees from their conference.

Have you noticed the officiating has been pretty one-sided over the last few years? Because I definitely have.

After Dungey dove to score when he got and a LSU player got into it with him. Nothing was mentioned on TV. And it was a high five good job greeting.

The ref kept putting time back on the clock because it mysteriously ran down.
I don't know how it showed up on TV, but they actually turned the game clock off for the first half of the third quarter in the stadium.

I don't know how it showed up on TV, but they actually turned the game clock off for the first half of the third quarter in the stadium.

They talked about it a lot and we were in the dark for a while.

The announcers were making it sound like we kept him out for a play to make sure he was ok.
You’re right. I remember them saying that because as they did and showed Dungey he was a ball of rage and didn’t appear to be being looked at by anyone (but who can tell from 4 seconds on camera).

Well, what ever conference they came from, they sucked.
Maybe ACC officials are unhappy about the SU offensive tempo and this is how they get even. I remember the first game of Dino's career here and the chain gang couldn't keep up with the SU offense.

Maybe ACC officials are unhappy about the SU offensive tempo and this is how they get even. I remember the first game of Dino's career here and the chain gang couldn't keep up with the SU offense.
They were whistling one team the whole way. I think in the first half, they might have called SU for 6 penalties ... 0 against LSU. That's just not right, and I don't think it got any better in the second half. No wonder DB was ranting on the sidelines. WAAAAAY too much creole being eaten by the stripes.

If unbalanced penalties weren't enough, they posted a fat guy in the middle of the OL to stall our offense and let the D set up. On what pretext? To help the chain gang? Nonsense. It doesn't matter when the chain guys set up ... the ref stands at the line of gain to mark it until they arrive. No need to slow the game down.

Something seriously not right there.

Last edited:
Bored of Duke/Miami and rewatched the LSU game...

Refs were putrid. SU literally lost a yard on every spot. Prob 40 yards worth over the game

And when Dungey scored an LSU defender elbows him in the face while he's celebrating, no penalty

Yeah, pretty hard to swallow given all the BS we've been called for over the years

Not to mention all the other horrific calls during the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom