Big 10 expansion ? slip of the tongue? | Syracusefan.com

Big 10 expansion ? slip of the tongue?

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Wisconsin basketball coach

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2013/01/wisconsins_bo_ryan_in_favor_of.html

"But without a doubt, I'd love to play the teams in the league and get the fans familiarized more with Nebraska and Rutgers and Maryland and the teams coming in. To try to get our fan base familiar with those schools. So the more games we can play against those institutions over the next 10, 20, 30 years? I think it would be better for the league."

Was this an innocent slip of the tongue?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2013/01/wisconsins_bo_ryan_in_favor_of.html

"But without a doubt, I'd love to play the teams in the league and get the fans familiarized more with Nebraska and Rutgers and Maryland and the teams coming in. To try to get our fan base familiar with those schools. So the more games we can play against those institutions over the next 10, 20, 30 years? I think it would be better for the league."

The only way they were going to play rutgers was to have them join the conference because we all know there is no way in hell rutty would have scheduled them OOC.

Ugh, I was just started to get used to the ACC. Oh well, Cincy can enjoy it instead. We can use the extra money to not build the new facilities that we couldn't use the ACC money for.

espn has way too much invested in the acc to let it die at the hands of its enemy-

just cant see it happening-too many state schools that would have to be packaged together make is crazy-

also makes more sense for the big10 and pac12 to work together to divey up the big12-niether one can do it alone-and the 12 has what they covet most -texas

My sources in the Big 12 state that they are desperately trying to hold on to Oklahoma but have a plan in place to invite Cincinnati when OU inevitably leaves for the B1G.

So it may or may not happen at any time?

Barring any changes that will undoubtedly happen, I'm certain Oklahoma will be joining the Big Ten next week.

I suppose he could've been misquoted with the use of the word 'and'. Might simply have been referring to those three schools.

Who knows I don't worry about it.

Is Bo Ryan the Dude?

He probanly just couldnt remember which/how many teams are now conference members so threw that out in case he missed someone. In his defense, noone really knows who's in the big 10 anymore or how many without stopping to think about it.

If hey are adding teams now it wouldnt be an acc team since noone knows what they cost until the dust setles over maryland.

So oklahoma and colgate to the big? must be in the works!

I would love to see Wisconsin play Cincy twice every year (not).

I wonder what the over/under would be on each team breaking 40 pts. or more for the game...

I would love to see Wisconsin play Cincy twice every year (not).

I wonder what the over/under would be on each team breaking 40 pts. or more for the gME...

or they could just give them baseball bats and say "go at it boys, last man standing wins". Same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom