Big 12 bound? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Big 12 bound?

Imagine us in the multi-verse of the two super-conferences. We're in the Big 10 and our schedule says we're going to play Penn State this week, Ohio State next week, then Michigan, then Michigan State then Notre Dame, Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Every year. Remember that this isn't the level we've traditionally been at. It's a new level being created above that.

Now imagine that we get together with the 'left behinds and create a 12 team conference of Syracuse, Army, Navy, Boston College, Connecticut, Rutgers, Temple, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Virginia and Virginia Tech. And the top teams in that conference could compete for a national championship against similar teams from similar conferences.

Where would we have more fun?
Steve we still need to be in the first group, and we need to hope Fran works out and gets us there.

Just look how much bigger LaQuint Allen is. Every guy looks jacked up. I'm in the believers club.
Also, I was looking at Gadsen when Carc was interviewing him on the sidelines. He has put on 25lbs of muscle. Before he looked like a receiver, now he looks like an SEC tight end. The whole team looks more like an SEC team now. Fran talked a lot and talk is cheap, but he put the bacon on the table for anyone to see.

Steve we still need to be in the first group, and we need to hope Fran works out and gets us there.

Why? For the money? Schools not in the first group will survive and maybe prosper and we can be one of them. As a fan, I'd rather play similar schools for conference and national championships.

Also, I was looking at Gadsen when Carc was interviewing him on the sidelines. He has put on 25lbs of muscle. Before he looked like a receiver, now he looks like an SEC tight end. The whole team looks more like an SEC team now. Fran talked a lot and talk is cheap, but he put the bacon on the table for anyone to see.

Even if we have a big year, (I'd love to see something like 2018), can we maintain it? And the TV market we represent would still keep us out of the top group.

Even if we have a big year, (I'd love to see something like 2018), can we maintain it? And the TV market we represent would still keep us out of the top group.
Winning is unfortunately just a step.

Unfortunately, unless you are a multi-year contender, winning does not mean as much as many assume. WSU and OrSU say hello. They were both ranked. It is about market size. Rutger's invite had nothing to do with winning.

Been a bowler my entire life used to go to the National Tournament every year.
In the 80's and 90's when we were good there always were a lot of people working at the sites that originally came from New York, and were SU fans.
Those people are still out there and will be TV viewers when we get good again.

I wish we had a rule that if you posted about conference realignment scenarios at least 5 years ago and it hasn’t happened yet then you are automatically thread banned from talking about it again until it actually happens.

5% of these scenarios actually play out as predicted and I’m sick of seeing the same doom that’s been predicted for a better part of a decade. Eventually some of you may be right, but most of you have been so wrong for a longggg time.

Last edited:
I wish we had a rule that if you posted about conference realignment scenarios at least 5 years ago and it hasn’t happened yet then you are automatically thread banned from talking about it again until it actually happens.

5% of these scenarios actually play out as predicted and I’m sick of seeing the same doom that’s been predicted for a better part of a decade. Eventually some of you may be right, but most of you have been so wrong for a longggg time.

What? Thats unpossible!

I mean, UMASS to the B1G is…

imminent.

Don't you want to play in the Indian Cricket Conference?

I'd agree and have no issue with this if the conference was sustainable and a viable one in the future, however, it's not and is surely a doomed one. It's just a matter of time and the 'Doomsday Clock' is significantly more ominous than 90 seconds to midnight.

They don't care about college sports in NYC.
This is the same kind of unprovable declarative nonsense as, no one can recruit to the Syracuse football program. That has been thoroughly refuted now. And, Long Island IS NOT NYC.

This is the same kind of unprovable declarative nonsense as, no one can recruit to the Syracuse football program. That has been thoroughly refuted now. And, Long Island IS NOT NYC.

Well, what ratings do we get in NYC? What does Rutgers get?

I'll certainly agree on the highlighted. For years it has been stated here as practically gospel that Syracuse could only dream about getting a top 25 type or better recruiting class due to being in such a bad location, so far from the talent pool, all the snow, yada, yada yada. Not to mention all of the; well, these recruiting gurus, publications, etc. are mostly full of chit, or along those lines. Of course, not as much in the moment as Syracuse is now getting respect by these same outlets. LMAO!

Quite the malarkey as you noted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom