Big 12: Good, meh, or Terrible? | Syracusefan.com

Big 12: Good, meh, or Terrible?

Is there a bigger underperforming athletics program than the vaunted Texas Longhorns? All those resources and advantages and these are the FB and BB teams they turn out?

Big 12 is absolutely terrible this year. basketball and football were garbage. not sure what it has to do with Zaga' ?

The B12 hasn't been much since SU won the B12 championship.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Horrible. And now they all know how tobeet KU evrn with the refs helping them.

So it sounds like the consensus is that Gonzaga is vastly overrated.

The Big XII is not good this year. Kansas is a decent team probably a top 10 team, Kansas State is nothing special, Oklahoma State is a team that is inconsistent, Oklahoma and Iowa State are probable a double digit NCAA tournament seeds, Baylor and Texas are NIT teams, West Virginia, Texas Tech and TCU are going to the postseason. Thus, the Big XII probably has 5 NCAA tournament teams, but only Kansas has a good chance to be playing after the first weekend. Gonzaga is 5-0 against the Big XII this year, and while Gonzaga looks like a good team I don't think they are as good as everyone claims they are they shouldn't be a 2 seed with their schedule and wins, and honestly a 3 seed is overseeding them IMO in a normal year.

It’s certainly not bad like the SEC or the PAC-12 of past years. It’s comparable to the ACC.

Lacks elite teams but half of the league are legitimate tourney teams – KP rankings of 13, 19, 27,29, 32. Oklahoma is a borderline tourney team. Basically take Syracuse out of the BE and the average team is about the same.

Gonzaga is 5-0 against the Bi 12 including a bi road win at Oklahoma St.. I don’t think they are overrated. KP ranking of #9 seems about correct.

They will move up to #3 or so in the rankings – a bit too much at the same time is there any top 5 teams right now? Seems like we should have about 10 teams ranked between 6-10 (and they belong in that group). Somebody as to get into the top five.

Gonzaga will have a cance to proves its worth if it can win out and win on the road at BYU at St. Mary’s. Two tourney level teams. As we have seen winning on the road against teams like this as not been easy.

The Big XII is not good this year. Kansas is a decent team probably a top 10 team, Kansas State is nothing special, Oklahoma State is a team that is inconsistent, Oklahoma and Iowa State are probable a double digit NCAA tournament seeds, Baylor and Texas are NIT teams, West Virginia, Texas Tech and TCU are going to the postseason. Thus, the Big XII probably has 5 NCAA tournament teams, but only Kansas has a good chance to be playing after the first weekend. Gonzaga is 5-0 against the Big XII this year, and while Gonzaga looks like a good team I don't think they are as good as everyone claims they are they shouldn't be a 2 seed with their schedule and wins, and honestly a 3 seed is overseeding them IMO in a normal year.

Win out and tey would likely receive a 2 seed in most years. St. Joes one loss team in 2004 resume was worse wen tey received a 1 seed in 2004.

30-2, lookin like 6-1 or 7-1 vs top 50 if win out.

I have felt from the beginning that KU was the most overrated team in the country (actually in the last 5 years) for where they were ranked. They aren't even a top 15 team IMO.

It’s certainly not bad like the SEC or the PAC-12 of past years. It’s comparable to the ACC.

Lacks elite teams but half of the league are legitimate tourney teams – KP rankings of 13, 19, 27,29, 32. Oklahoma is a borderline tourney team. Basically take Syracuse out of the BE and the average team is about the same.

Gonzaga is 5-0 against the Bi 12 including a bi road win at Oklahoma St.. I don’t think they are overrated. KP ranking of #9 seems about correct.

They will move up to #3 or so in the rankings – a bit too much at the same time is there any top 5 teams right now? Seems like we should have about 10 teams ranked between 6-10 (and they belong in that group). Somebody as to get into the top five.

Gonzaga will have a cance to proves its worth if it can win out and win on the road at BYU at St. Mary’s. Two tourney level teams. As we have seen winning on the road against teams like this as not been easy.

The Big 12 is down in basketball this year for sure but most projections have 6 teams out a league of 10 getting in right now, which is pretty darn good. 9/10 made a bowl game in football, which is amazing.

Baylor has been a big disappointment for me as the talent is clearly there but the record does not reflect it. The Bears could get it rolling though as they are playing better and the defense has improved as the season has progressed. With Austin, Jackson and Jefferson, we could be real dangerous in the tour(assuming we make it). I have watched most Cuse games and Baylor games and I honestly believe Baylor has more pure talent but Cuse is clearly better coached and thus the better team. If JB had either of the top 2 Baylor big's (Austin or Jefferson), Cuse would be a lock for the FF.

I have felt from the beginning that KU was the most overrated team in the country (actually in the last 5 years) for where they were ranked. They aren't even a top 15 team IMO.

You seem to dislike every team. What are your top teams?

The Big 12 is down in basketball this year for sure but most projections have 6 teams out a league of 10 getting in right now, which is pretty darn good. 9/10 made a bowl game in football, which is amazing.

Baylor has been a big disappointment for me as the talent is clearly there but the record does not reflect it. The Bears could get it rolling though as they are playing better and the defense has improved as the season has progressed. With Austin, Jackson and Jefferson, we could be real dangerous in the tour(assuming we make it). I have watched most Cuse games and Baylor games and I honestly believe Baylor has more pure talent but Cuse is clearly better coached and thus the better team. If JB had either of the top 2 Baylor big's (Austin or Jefferson), Cuse would be a lock for the FF.

Agreed it’s a 5-6 team league and on Baylor underachieving the past three years (after its run in 2010). Its 6 now after Oklaoma win today (if not before today), but I could see one team fadin against te pack

You seem to dislike every team. What are your top teams?
Not true I have said Florida and Kansas I have not liked KU from the beginning. I don't ever look at rankings, I will tell you my rankings when the seeding come out in march. I rank teams on best chance to win the title that's all that matters.

Gonzaga is very good. I don't want to face Oklahoma St. in the tourney. They have some swagger and play a real physical in your face D as well. Marcus Smart and Markel Brown are as good as any backcourt in the country, imo. Nash is good. They are pretty inconsistent.

Gonzaga is really over rated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Gonzaga is really over rated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
22 wins at this point should give it away. That's like UK SU good last year when teams were better. Not buying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom