Big 12 to offer Notre Dame partial membership ??? | Syracusefan.com

Big 12 to offer Notre Dame partial membership ???

http://twitter.com/#!/ChipBrownOB/status/122030914522984449

Keep throwing stuff against the wall, Chip. Sooner or later something will stick. :)

There's some logic in that. Texas wants the status quo. They're giving ND another option if a reconstituted BE or non-AQ, non-fball BE is unappealing to them. That way, they might not have to bite the bullet and join the B1G or ACC for all sports, which would likely set off another round of conference realignment. If they have a home, it gives Texas some time to get their network off the ground.

This is the absolute craziest fall I could ever remember as far as all of Sports goes. NBA lockout, NFL lockout ends, conference realignment in the NCAA. These are all huge deals with billions upon billions of dollars worth of revenue at stake every day.

I would think an alliance with the BE BB-onlies would be more palatable to ND than a similar relationship with the Big XII.

Don't be surprised if the ACC did something like that too.

Sent from my DROIDX

I have thought for awhile (even before SU and Pitt were announced) that this would be a good deal for the ACC. First it creates a relationship with ND. As their fanbase becomes more and more familiar with the ACC, the more likely they wouldn't be opposed if ND joined in FB. That was the case in the BE, but the BE was simply unattractive in FB. The ACC has tradition and real teams so they have a shot.

North- SU, ND, Pitt, BC, Miami
Central- MD, GA Tech, Wake, UVA, VT
South- UNC, Duke, NC St, Clemson, FSU

Easy to get to 18 games in BBall.

Let's see, conf tourney in MSG, or conf tourney in the Sprint Center.

This seems like one offer that the BE should not be worried about.

Can someone post the tweet? Twitter is blocked on my work laptop. Thanks.

I have thought for awhile (even before SU and Pitt were announced) that this would be a good deal for the ACC. First it creates a relationship with ND. As their fanbase becomes more and more familiar with the ACC, the more likely they wouldn't be opposed if ND joined in FB. That was the case in the BE, but the BE was simply unattractive in FB. The ACC has tradition and real teams so they have a shot.

Easy to get to 18 games in BBall.

Never really believed it but I had said a few times that SU and Pitt were tied together with a ND alliance. Didn't make sense but part 1 has happened.

Can someone post the tweet? Twitter is blocked on my work laptop. Thanks.

As Big East destabilizes, sources tell Orangebloods.com Texas is pushing for Notre Dame to move its "other"sports to B12.

Don't NCAA rules require you to have 2 divisions in order to hold a conference championship game (with the winners of each division meeting)?

The ACC would likely never allow ND in unless it was for all sports. It might mean ND deciding to go with other options, but I like that the ACC, as a conference, is willing to hold the line and stick by their principals of equality for all members. I really doubt the ACC would ever change their stance, and I applaud them for it.

As Big East destabilizes, sources tell Orangebloods.com Texas is pushing for Notre Dame to move its "other"sports to B12.

Thanks. Don't see it happening, but an interesting rumor.

Don't believe ANYTHING said by Chip Brown and Orangebloods-they make it up like the insider in Mizzou's admin saying "we prefer the Big Ten". Down here people know he tries to create his own fiction as told to him by U of Texas. The guy should be shot for the BS and grief to others he has created in the past.