Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Big announcement at 1 pm today: Hop to Washington

This is great news. Good luck Mike Hopkins. Loved having you as a coach and rooting for you as a player. Go get some experience and win some games. Maybe you'll end up back here in 10 years.

Now JB can keep coaching and if not we can hire a real proven coach.

...and now people can get their wish for a staff shakeup.

Win win win

Last edited:
I guess there's only 3 options here if this is true.

Hopkins really wants to live in Seattle.

Wildhack changed the succession plan.

JB said he's not planning to go quietly after next season.

What else could it be? My money is on the 3rd one.

It's absolutely the third one.

Shocked but I'm not necessarily torn up about it.

I think this solidifies an actual coaching search to replace JB, if the time ever comes.

Also signifies to me that the whole "coach in waiting" thing wasn't a sure thing or we started backing off of it.

Well, either JB is still leaving after next year and we open a nationwide search, or JB coaches until he is completely incompetent.

Hopefully doesn't affect the recruits we have signed.
An assistant leaving shouldn't affect ones with an LOI.

this can't be true cuz mike hopkins has an "iron clad coach in waiting" contract that will cost the university literally "millions of dollars" to get out of. i read that here recently...
That was 100% true. Everyone is missing that just maybe, he got 1. a better deal with Washington than he was with Syracuse and 2. He thinks Washington is a better place for him. They certainly have recruited better than us over the past few years.

giphy.gif

This situation is sad to me. Hopkins has been so loyal and I feel like he was told that he was not going to be the guy privately. His heart must have felt like it was being ripped out.

You don't leave in this situation unless you are certain you would not be taking over next season.

Door number 3 Monty.

That was 100% true. Everyone is missing that just maybe, he got 1. a better deal with Washington than he was with Syracuse and 2. He thinks Washington is a better place for him. They certainly have recruited better than us over the past few years.
Lol, the irony in the "lead recruiter" leaving to another school because they are recruiting better than us.

They may be a better spot for him or maybe he didn't have as solid a spot here as many thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom