Big day at the ol' ballpark in Rochester with Pettitte in town | Syracusefan.com

Big day at the ol' ballpark in Rochester with Pettitte in town

Should've played that game in batavia as scheduled

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Should've played that game in batavia as scheduled

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Far too much money at stake. I think Dwyer Stadium in Batavia holds fewer than 2,600 people. While it would have been unique and cool to have the game in Batavia, Rochester Community Baseball, Inc. would have been insane to pass on all of that money.

Far too much money at stake. I think Dwyer Stadium in Batavia holds fewer than 2,600 people. While it would have been unique and cool to have the game in Batavia, Rochester Community Baseball, Inc. would have been insane to pass on all of that money.
not that it makes a difference but i think that number is wrong (even if it does come from the team) - you can get well more than 3000 in there (any job that paid less than $5 an hour here, I did there in the 80s at the old stadium). i think they just call it 2600 to make it look better when they come up short in most games.

i get why they did it though, just wish they didn't

However many people they could jam into Dwyer, it doesn't compare to the number they could fit comfortably into Frontier Field.