Big East confirms that WVA is gone,,, | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big East confirms that WVA is gone,,,

Rick was quoted after their exhibition with Pikesville that he was instructed by the university to be a cheerleader for the Big East. He said he would do whatever the university asked. It was a real interesting listen. He went on for like 8 minutes. I wish I could find a link. He's just being a company man imo.
I found a board that paraphrased what I alluded to:

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=525642

Am I way off by saying that this might muddy the waters with a pending suit from the remaining members in regards to lost revenue by our departure? Without the three of us, and perhaps, UL, which I guess is stuck if the b12 is staying at ten, the league is irrevocably damaged... Had they just lost Pitt and SU they could have replaced us with the prospect of still having the top football school WVU and one of the top hoops schools UCONN.

Sue over what? There is a Clause in the contract that says a team came have out for $5,000,000 and 27 months warning. Unless someone unilaterally violates that provision, what can anyone do?

petethamel.75_normal.jpg

PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel

I asked the WVU President why they are engaging the Big East to leave, while Pitt and Cuse are sticking around. He said, "No comment."

And what is the worst part for Ville?

petethamel.75_normal.jpg

Hargis on Big 12 going to 12: "I don’t sense any sentiment to the Big 12 conference going back to a championship game."

newmug_normal.jpg

slmandel Stewart Mandel

Neinas on staying 10: "I don't sense any sentiment on part of the Big 12 to go back to a championship game ... We have a true round robin."

petethamel.75_normal.jpg

My educated speculation on why WVU is leaving now -- the Big 12 needs them to replace Mizz. ACC doesn't need Cuse and Pitt.

Apparently, Luck repeatedly alluded to July 1, 2012 as the date for Big XII membership. Very interested to see what happens if WVU tries to force through an early exit.

According to Thamel, WVU wired $2.5 million to the BE this morning. Are they going to pay in installments?

Good strategery Rick. The ship is sailing. If you're lucky you might be able to scrounge a ticket in steerage.

Pitino is approaching this the right way - and I think that the BE is doing what it needs to do.

WVU in the Big XII - wow.

I wonder if we will maintain the series.

Hopefully we dump Rutgers and UConn and maintain WVU.
Pitt and Marshall will get games with WVa before we do.

petethamel.75_normal.jpg

My educated speculation on why WVU is leaving now -- the Big 12 needs them to replace Mizz. ACC doesn't need Cuse and Pitt.

The ACC can't reopen negotiation of its undervalued TV deal until it has Syracuse and Pitt.

The ACC can't reopen negotiation of its undervalued TV deal until it has Syracuse and Pitt.
The renegotiation has already begun. The new deal just can't be implemented until SU/Pitt are competing in the league.

The renegotiation has already begun. The new deal just can't be implemented until SU/Pitt are competing in the league.

Correct. So the ACC does indeed need SU and Pitt. Cutting a check to the Big East for $20 million is going to be cheaper than letting SU and Pitt fester in the shitty Big East.