Big East confirms that WVA is gone,,, | Syracusefan.com

Big East confirms that WVA is gone,,,

So does WVU reschedule their news conference for today?

Good for them, now we have another ally in "let's get the out of here".

Am I way off by saying that this might muddy the waters with a pending suit from the remaining members in regards to lost revenue by our departure? Without the three of us, and perhaps, UL, which I guess is stuck if the b12 is staying at ten, the league is irrevocably damaged... Had they just lost Pitt and SU they could have replaced us with the prospect of still having the top football school WVU and one of the top hoops schools UCONN.

Am I way off by saying that this might muddy the waters with a pending suit from the remaining members in regards to lost revenue by our departure? Without the three of us, and perhaps, UL, which I guess is stuck if the b12 is staying at ten, the league is irrevocably damaged... Had they just lost Pitt and SU they could have replaced us with the prospect of still having the top football school WVU and one of the top hoops schools UCONN.

All of them want out as well, why would they file a suit that only could serve to piss everyone off that's already out the door.

And why would the basketball schools like G'town risk us never playing them again?

Pitino is approaching this the right way - and I think that the BE is doing what it needs to do.

WVU in the Big XII - wow.

I wonder if we will maintain the series.

Hopefully we dump Rutgers and UConn and maintain WVU.

"I told him to stop taking that attitude," Pitino told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. "If Louisville had left the Big East was over. Nobody was going to come in. I told him to be fired up and go get those teams."

Now I don't know if I should be happy or upset that Louisville is staying the Big East. I'm so confused!

Pitino is approaching this the right way - and I think that the BE is doing what it needs to do.

There are going to be a lot of better OOC opponents than West Virginia.

The remarkable thing to me is that after the loss of Miami, VT and BC, there was a lot of discussion on these boards about which remaining BE team was most critical to the BE brand. SU probably had the longest run of solid FB and BB at the time. Pitt FB was turning around and BB was good. WVU had been steady in FB and was coming on in FB. So the debate was legitimate depending on your point of view. But there was no doubt at that time that the Big Three were SU, Pitt and WVU. Now all three are gone within a month of each other.

We shouldn't touch Rutgers with a 300 mile pole once we're out of here. Not even for a 3-for-1. Let them rot.

"I told him to stop taking that attitude," Pitino told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. "If Louisville had left the Big East was over. Nobody was going to come in. I told him to be fired up and go get those teams."

:rolling:

This will make Louisville all the more fired up this weekend. Our guys better bring it Saturday.

So Rick Pitino has basically become the commissioner of the Big East?

I fully expect to hear this soon...

"Penn State is not walking through that door, Marinatto. Notre Dame is not walking through that door. Maryland is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be here to schedule games against other teams at the Meadowlands or MSG. What we are is a conference that's going to bring in Boise State, Navy, Air Force, Houston, Memphis, SMU, Temple, UCF, and we're going to improve."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Pitino#Professional_coaching

:rolling:

"I told (Marinatto) we have to make sure this is a basketball conference, too. Take them all," Pitino said. "I told him that the only school that would leave now if it could is Connecticut. They want to go to the ACC. So plan for that."

--------------

Uhh, is Pitino forgetting about Louisville when listing out the schools that would leave if they could? It's been widely reported that Louisville lobbied hard in the last week to get into the Big 12.

This will make Louisville all the more fired up this weekend. Our guys better bring it Saturday.
Just like West Virginia was last week after Oliver Schmuck's famous pronouncement?

Ok, so who makes the next move?

Texted from my Droid...

Wanna see some panic? Go on the Ville's scout board.....

I really feel bad for them. Not that they won't be fine I think.

That board is hopping right now though. Kind of taking away from the Syracuse game talk......

"I told (Marinatto) we have to make sure this is a basketball conference, too. Take them all," Pitino said. "I told him that the only school that would leave now if it could is Connecticut. They want to go to the ACC. So plan for that."

--------------

Uhh, is Pitino forgetting about Louisville when listing out the schools that would leave if they could? It's been widely reported that Louisville lobbied hard in the last week to get into the Big 12.

I have a feeling Pitino wasn't invited to the bourbon sipping meeting between Mitch McConnell and the Ville AD and Chancelor on Tuesday night.

I wonder when Marinatto will find out wv is leaving?

SU should have fans bring their returnable cans to the dome so they can collect the fees to leave this dump of a conference.

All returnable Cans for Cuse!

Now I don't know if I should be happy or upset that Louisville is staying the Big East. I'm so confused!

Pitino is a funny funny guy.

Pitino is a funny funny guy.
Rick was quoted after their exhibition with Pikesville that he was instructed by the university to be a cheerleader for the Big East. He said he would do whatever the university asked. It was a real interesting listen. He went on for like 8 minutes. I wish I could find a link. He's just being a company man imo.

--------------

Pitino is either:
1. Stupid
2. A liar
3. Out of the Loop
4. Playing Coy
5. Too busy hanging out at restaurants to pay attention