Big East may look into legal action on Cuse/Pitt exit fees | Syracusefan.com

Big East may look into legal action on Cuse/Pitt exit fees

Marinatto can't keep his job much longer. He proposes a $20M exit fee and is shot down. More people are going to leave. I think it will be Louisville to the Big 12 next.

I also read that they are looking at 2 separate leagues under one umbrella, each with separate commissioners. How could that possibly work, and how would you do the basketball tournament?

Dictionary definition: out of one's depth. See John Marinato. Any condition of any school staying or joining should be his resignation AND moving the league offices to NYC.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Why would anyone come into a league which no current members want to pledge to? The only football member I haven't heard linked to another conference is USF.

UConn=ACC and very few Big 10 mentions
Rutgers=ACC & Big 10
Louisville=Big 12
Cincy=Big 12
WVU=SEC, Big 12 & ACC

Good, let's get this thing in the courts. When we settle, the ACC can give the BE $5M from its Human Fund, we can get out of this league quicker as part of that settlement (along with SU and Pitt paying their $5M). Then each school who puts its name on the lawsuit can spend the rest of their athletic futures in mid-majorville, because no conference wants a part of any school that runs to the courts to resolve problems of their own creation.

Should be good times.

Wait a minute.

Marinatto wouldn't be my choice for Conference President of the Year, but what these NNBE presidents are doing is tieing the poor guys hands as he tries to rebuild the Conference.

The problem isn't the Commissioner. The problem is the Presidents.

Navy has already publically said that they aren't interested in joining unless the current schools are committed to the new Conference.

UCF and ECU might come regardless, but who else wants to come into a Conference where the current members are openly shopping for spots outside the Conference.

If I'm Marinatto, I quit. I'm being asked to do an almost impossible task without the support of the current members.

The Conference is clearly dysfunctional. It can't be rebuilt because the current members are clearly not committed to it.

One of the lessons I learned in business is don't sign up for tasks that are impossible. Refusing and taking your licks is way better than failure and the executive amnesia that goes along with it.

Let me be commissioner of the new CYO conference.

The ACC, Big Ten and Big 12 would do the Big East a Hell of a favor if it told them in no uncertain terms that none of their schools was going to get an offer for many years, if then.

How can the Big East take legal action against us, while going around and trying to poach schools from other conferences at the same time?

How can the Big East take legal action against us, while going around and trying to poach schools from other conferences at the same time?
Don't think it's SU or Pitt. Have to believe it's ESPN and/or ACC. My guess is it's DOA.

This is what I was talking about in the BC AD backtrack thread. No individual Big East school is going to file a lawsuit, but the Big East could decide to sue ESPN based on the BC AD's dumb comments. However, the Big East needs to be careful and make sure they haven't illegally contacted FOX, NBC/Comcast Versus or Turner and violated the exclusivity that ESPN currently has. The reason for the threat of a lawsuit is to put pressure on ESPN not to lowball the Big East in negotiations. It would be smart to use this threat to get a larger deal than they could have if there was no reason to believe ESPN had anything to do with ACC's move.