Big East New Contract... LOL | Syracusefan.com

Big East New Contract... LOL

If true, kudos to:

Notre Dame
Marinara
Tagliabue (outstanding work there Paul)
Hoops only school (insert name here)

Does that equate to a bump in payout to the football schools (who were already in the conference)?

The penguin's brain is smaller than the man's. But there is a difference of size. If we increase the size of the penguin so that it is as tall as the man, its brain is still smaller. But here's the point, it's bigger than it was.

LOL, just a couple days ago, the Rutgers board was estimating $2B over 15 years.

How many years is this for?

I'm expecting a Rutgers BOT member (or fan named Al) to publicly admit they are unhappy with this deal and that they should explore the Big 10 as an option.

N(BC)tre Dame will step up in the end imo and toss them a bone. The golden domers like their arrangement with the Big East for it's olympic sports and until something changes they can remain independent in football and pocket all their loot.

I thought the Sun Beast was going to tell us to f off when we begged our way back in. Or so said Rutgers and the boneyard.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

That's 60 million over the next 10 years - just kidding

1m
Brett McMurphy@McMurphyCBS
@CBSSports sources project Big East media rights at $60M; less than 1/2 what they turned down last yr

So the RU/UConn/USF/Cincy/Louisville + Navy/Temple/Memphis/UCF/Houston/SMU/Boise/SD St + BECG - SU/Pitt/WV/TCU = (60 million)?

That really makes no sense. If true then the FB schools will be getting just over $3 million each for FB. No way Boise or SD St come if that is the case.

Don't the BBall schools currently get $3 million a year? Now they will get less than $1 million? Wasn't the old BBall contract alone $50 million a year? Now FB and BBall is $60 a year?

Nice job, Pernetti. Now I am totally convinced that he will be the next BE commissioner.

I'm expecting a Rutgers BOT member (or fan named Al) to publicly admit they are unhappy with this deal and that they should explore the SEC as an option.

Fixed.

"The Philly market is all locked up and this is the best we can do? Houston, Memphis, and Dallas too!! Are these TV execs crazy???????"

Bahahahahahahahahahaha

yep, you can fell the RU meltdown coming.

So the RU/UConn/USF/Cincy/Louisville + Navy/Temple/Memphis/UCF/Houston/SMU/Boise/SD St + BECG - SU/Pitt/WV/TCU = (60 million)?

That really makes no sense. If true then the FB schools will be getting just over $3 million each for FB. No way Boise or SD St come if that is the case.

Don't the BBall schools currently get $3 million a year? Now they will get less than $1 million? Wasn't the old BBall contract alone $50 million a year? Now FB and BBall is $60 a year?
Name three games in that conference that will truly garner national interest. That's why that number is quoted.

I thought the Sun Beast was going to tell us to f off when we begged our way back in. Or so said Rutgers and the boneyard.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yea I'm sure the school presidents wouldnt allow back In the one thing that that horrid conference is now missing: a brand. Uconn and Rutgers fans have no sense of self and their place in the pecking order. Even being picked last in gym class didn't change their delusional fans tunes.

Name three games in that conference that will truly garner national interest. That's why that number is quoted.

I'll name 17 - Rutgers vs. anyone.

Take FB out of the equation. How much does the BE currently get for BBall? I believe it is about $3 million per team which comes out to $50 million a year. Why would that go down to $15 million a year because SU/Pitt/WV left? The BE still has a lot of good BBall programs and added Temple and Memphis, who aren't chopped liver. SMU and UCF stink but they do add good markets. And Houston is a wild card as they do have BBall history.

Also if this $ amount is true then the BE has zero reason to stay together. If BBall is only bringing in about $750k per team, then how much lower could it possibly go if the BBall onlies did not exist? How much of that number does ND/GTown/Seton Hall/St Johns/Providence/Marquette/DePaul/Nova add? Even if it is 66%, is it worth $500k a year to put up with that crap if you are a FB school? I rather go to a 10/13 model and cut loose from the BBall schools. That would still be a decent BBall conference and you get to play a round robin 18 games instead of playing 16 teams home or away plus one team both home and away.

UConn, Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, Houston, USF, RU, UCF, SMU

Take FB out of the equation. How much does the BE currently get for BBall? I believe it is about $3 million per team which comes out to $50 million a year. Why would that go down to $15 million a year because SU/Pitt/WV left? The BE still has a lot of good BBall programs and added Temple and Memphis, who aren't chopped liver. SMU and UCF stink but they do add good markets. And Houston is a wild card as they do have BBall history.

Also if this $ amount is true then the BE has zero reason to stay together. If BBall is only bringing in about $750k per team, then how much lower could it possibly go if the BBall onlies did not exist? How much of that number does ND/GTown/Seton Hall/St Johns/Providence/Marquette/DePaul/Nova add? Even if it is 66%, is it worth $500k a year to put up with that crap if you are a FB school? I rather go to a 10/13 model and cut loose from the BBall schools. That would still be a decent BBall conference and you get to play a round robin 18 games instead of playing 16 teams home or away plus one team both home and away.

UConn, Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, Houston, USF, RU, UCF, SMU
It's all about football, though. And Temple and Memphis aren't name brands like Syracuse and Pitt. Losing 3 of its best schools is catastrophic. Is anyone going to be tuning in for SMU vs Depaul? ND/UConn/Louisville are the only programs left that are national brands, Gtown and Nova are glorified A-10 schools. The rest means nothing to television eyes nowadays.

It's all about football, though. And Temple and Memphis aren't name brands like Syracuse and Pitt. Losing 3 of its best schools is catastrophic. Is anyone going to be tuning in for SMU vs Depaul? ND/UConn/Louisville are the only programs left that are national brands, Gtown and Nova are glorified A-10 schools. The rest means nothing to television eyes nowadays.

Also, with a contract like that L'ville won't be hanging around long.

If true, going back to the BB topic. Syracuse vs. Uconn - SU vs. Georgetown - SU vs. Seton Hall - SU vs. Villanova - SU vs. Louisville. All of these games make good --> great national TV games. Why? Seemingly the SU "brand" is much more important then even we realized. If the BE money can drop that significantly despite still having a very good basketball league, SU had huge impact on the size of any TV contract.

* this is assuming these figures are correct