Big East opponents you admired | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big East opponents you admired

Mike Rosario, because it was nice of him to offer his chin as a place for Flynn to rest his nuts in the RAC.
200w.gif

Relatively more recent Big East guys, but I loved Mike Gansey and Kevin Pittsnogle on West Virginia’s 2005-06 team. I found that team to be very likable for some reason.

I was going to make a serious post and note that West Virginia team... had forgot that exact year, but Pittsnogle was likable and Gansey was just such a heady player. They played fairly up tempo and spread the floor before it became popular to really spread the floor... fun team.

I was going to make a serious post and note that West Virginia team... had forgot that exact year, but Pittsnogle was likable and Gansey was just such a heady player. They played fairly up tempo and spread the floor before it became popular to really spread the floor... fun team.

Agreed. Though my favorite thing about them was the way we’d throw the diagonal alley-oops to Warrick against their 1-3-1 defense all day.

God Shamgod

Chevy Troutman

Jae Crowder

I don't know I hated those guys, but gosh darnit I respected them.

Chris Thomas and his ability to elevate Edelin to superhuman

@Notre Dame in 2004 coming out of a timeout Edelin passed it off Thomas' posterior perfectly to himself Globetrotter style but in the replay or the broadcast it was missed you just see the end of the layup. Edelin OWNED that kid, no doubt. It is one of those plays I only saw live like McNabb blocking Jahidi White or Lucious Jackson making 6 threes in 5 minutes at Villanova. We need more video sharing superfans.

Da'Sean Butler - WV
Kevin Jones - WV
Kerry Kittles - VU
Harold Pressley - VU
Jeff Green - GU
Terry Dehere - SHU
Dan Callandrillo - SHU
John Bagley - BC
Malik Sealy - SJU
Donyell Marshall - UC

All Rutgers Players - I admire them for having the strength of character and intestinal fortitude to give up their basketball careers in order to get a college education.

Okafor, Gordon and Caron Butler. All from a time where I didn’t quite “hate” UConn as much as I grew to.
I liked Artest when he was at SJU.
Kittles and Scottie Reynolds.
DeJuan Blair - hated and respected him.

That big ugly white dude on ND.

Luke Harongody (sic)

Okafor, Gordon and Caron Butler. All from a time where I didn’t quite “hate” UConn as much as I grew to.

Richard "Rip" Hamilton. Super smooth how he tore up Duke in the title game.

Last edited:
Da'Sean Butler - WV
Kevin Jones - WV
Kerry Kittles - VU
Harold Pressley - VU
Jeff Green - GU
Terry Dehere - SHU
Dan Callandrillo - SHU
John Bagley - BC
Malik Sealy - SJU
Donyell Marshall - UC

All Rutgers Players - I admire them for having the strength of character and intestinal fortitude to give up their basketball careers in order to get a college education.
Man, i totalky forgot about Kevin Jones. No one loved him more than me. He was my Dion Waiers. I thought he was the next great Mt Vernon player that we whiffed on. I know it wasn't Kevin vs Mookie but it sure felt that way.

Billy Donovan, Chris Mullen, Ed Pinckney, Brandon Knight

met him in a hotel lobby in Miami one time. weird dude

Constantin Popa

He was in Ak for the Great AK Shootout and there was an earthquake tremor. He freaked out.