Big East opponents you admired | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Big East opponents you admired

God Shamgod, Providence

He was referenced yesterday, That kid was a likeable El-Amin. That rare combo of stout and quick. I recall in the game at providence in 1997 where get got deep and literally bounced off otis hill who hacked the heck out of him and he flipped in a circus bank shot as he was going down over his shoulder blind for the and-1. If anyone remembers that one.

Vincent Council
Harold Jensen
Devin Ebanks
Dominique Jones

Except for Jensen, these were guys I had in a fantasy draft, the legendary UCBFL :)

Kittles. I was in middle school and these were my favorite non-Syracuse jerseys.

Don’t judge me.
CDD1D1F5-508F-49AE-B608-13DE54F504E8.jpeg

Austin Croshere
Ryan Gomes
Mark Jackson
Felipe Lopez
Bill Curley
Kyle Lowery
Tim Thomas

Missing on Rip Hamilton was a crushing blow. Damn you UConn...

Jerian Grant, I loved the way he brought his team to overtime and an eventual win against Louisville when Notre Dame was down 8 points with 45 seconds to go. Scoring 12 points, when he hadn't scored any the entire game. Notre Dame won, 5 overtimes later.

easy ed pinckney
arturas karnishovas
nadav henefeld

Patrick Ewing
Michael Adams
David Wingate
Ed Pinckney
Chris Mullin
Kevin Pittsnogle
Arturas Karnishovas
Mark Jackson
John Garris

Last edited:
Iverson’s speed and athleticism were otherworldly, so I admired that.

I liked the way Ron Artest played the game in college. Good all around player who did everything and competed hard. I remember rooting hard for them against Duke.

Hard not to like Kerry Kittles and Donyell Marshall’s games.
Agreed. Liked Lavar Postell too.

Agreed. Liked Lavar Postell too.

Bootsy Thornton is another one I liked.

I know they’re an old rival and all, but I rooted for them OOC a lot in those years and definitely rooted for them against UConn in those BET title games.

I’m not sure why, but I always enjoyed the St. John’s players.

Willie Glass
Shelton Jones
Felipe Lopez
Jayson Williams

Ng Wang. The St. John’s ping pong master from the 80s. That man was a beast, yo.

God Shamgod

Chevy Troutman

Jae Crowder

I don't know I hated those guys, but gosh darnit I respected them.
God Shamgod, Providence
He was referenced yesterday, That kid was a likeable El-Amin. That rare combo of stout and quick. I recall in the game at providence in 1997 where get got deep and literally bounced off otis hill who hacked the heck out of him and he flipped in a circus bank shot as he was going down over his shoulder blind for the and-1. If anyone remembers that one.
I was obsessed with God shamgod growing up.
God Shammgod was the handles GOAT, to have a dribble move named after you speaks for itself
1:10 Mark...
Allen Iverson is easily my number 1
enjoyed Ray Allen as well

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online